What is the best exposure for your Olympus? (ETTR and other techniques)

Real Name
Siegfried
I updated my article. I removed some info and compressed other info, I trust it will now be a quicker and easier read.

Thinking about it, one could summarize everything in two or three paragraphs. That said the purpose of the article was educational, informative, to help photographers have a good base understanding and the tools to develop personal exposure plans & techniques....

I also re-formulated the conclusion and previous exposure profile. I did it different and trust it is now of more practical value to the reader.....

Thanks for all your feedback and comments - I read and studied it all plus much more.... :)

This is a very exciting subject and we can easily fill pages more..... I look forward to discuss the next technique in our search getting great IQ and low noise from our existing MFT cameras....

Any Panasonic readers will obviously also benefit....

Last edited:

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I updated my article.
In the article you state:
Which camera settings will change the raw file?
  1. Shutter Speed and the Aperture (They are used to set the exposure)
  2. The ISO setting (Used to adjust the complete imaging system gain or brightness)
  3. SAT (Graduation or Shadow Adjustment Technology (SAT) - Pls test for yourself)
  4. Shifting the histogram to the right (Applying both methods - ISO or Exposure)
I believe #3 to be incorrect. Those setting should only effect the JPG file and can be applied or changed when working with the RAW file in Olympus Workspace if you change your mind on the settings picked initially.

Real Name
Siegfried
In the article you state:

I believe #3 to be incorrect. Those setting should only effect the JPG file and can be applied or changed when working with the RAW file in Olympus Workspace if you change your mind on the settings picked initially.
I like to hear more feedback from others on SAT....but you could be right...

I tried it in the AUTO setting which means SAT is active and I saw a change in the shadows in the raw files.... I used gradation with my E520 at the time but stopped using it when I switched to MFT cameras. I can't recall exactly why I stopped using SAT

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom