What is the 35mm fujian made of?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by colbycheese, Feb 27, 2013.

1. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    I was showing this lens to friends/family and they had asked me if it was made of lead. I told them i didn't know. I know nothing about metals, so i was just asking, does anyone know what types or type of metal it is made from? I am hoping it is not lead because lead can make you sick. Thanks for answers
  2. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    It totally is made of lead. You should give up on Fujian branded lenses or any Chinese sounding brands and Made in China products because it's all lead.

It will be very hazardous to your health if you keep using products made in China because it's likely they're all include lead.

In fact if you have an iPhone, throw that sucker across the room now!

I noticed that your blogspot address ends in .ca, so I assume you're a Canadian resident. I don't know how up to date you are with current events and our trade relationships with the US. This is equivalent of saying that because Mad Cow disease was found in one herd of cattle in Alberta, all of them are also contaminated.

Better yet. They found some people infected with SARS in Toronto, so everyone living there must also be infected.

I'm not saying that it is with concrete evidence that the metal alloy employed in the construction of lenses from Fujian, China to be free of lead. Though I do know that there are plenty of morally responsible people, as well as the opposite, living in that country. Most companies, individuals, aren't going to make stuff that is poisonous just to make a quick buck.
  3. dlew

dlew Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012

Are you licking your lenses again??

*kidding!* :laugh1:
  4. mr_botak

mr_botak Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 4, 2011
    Reading, UK
    Probably brass for the most part I would imagine. If so completely safe.