What is iEnhance? Olympus

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MrDoug, Apr 28, 2012.

1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    What is iEnhance pic mode on Olympus :43: cameras? :smile::smile:
  2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    It's a pretty saturated picture mode, but unlike standard picture modes like Natural, Vivid, Muted, etc., iEnhance doesn't let you adjust Saturation, Sharpness, and Contrast but instead lets you choose between Standard, Weak, and Strong effect. It's almost like an art filter as a picture mode. ;)

It is also the default picture mode for iAuto and can't be turned off in iAuto.

I don't use iEnhance, btw. I'm a Natural guy.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    iAuto = iEnhance. It's a vivid type of mode with exaggerated saturation and contrast designed to make viewers go "wow". Also works for shooting video. Here's a very brief video I shot yesturday with my E-M5 set to iAuto mode:
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC7eeF5LcsY]O-MD hand held at partial zoom with 40-150mm lens - YouTube[/ame]
    • Like Like x 1
  4. billy_pilgrim

billy_pilgrim Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2011
    My standard color mode is iEnhance set to low. I find this to give realistic but nice and colorful results. On my PL2 I can set the saturation and contrast in this mode, in addition to setting the level of the effect. Sharpness/contrast/saturation/gradient are still active in the SCP with this mode enabled.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    It does on my E-PL1. I use it with Contrast +1 Sharpness + 0 Saturation +0 Gradation: Normal and Effect: Low. I switch between i-enhance, vivid and natural (although sometime is forget to check which setting it is on!) but you can adjust saturation, contrast and sharpness on all of them.