1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What if?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Grant, May 28, 2011.

1. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

Today I dropped my camera not far enough to do majour damage, just enough to give it a few battle scars. I just dusted it off, shrugged my shoulder and kept shooting. After all what is a tool without working grunge on it?

While I was driving back from the shoot I got to thinking. I don’t change cameras all that often but “What if?” What if my camera was destroyed, what if I had to replace it, what would I choose?

While there are lots of really cool cameras out there tempting me I think I would look for another GF1 as it works for me.

So if you had a “What if?” What would you do?

2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I'd get this:

GF3

G

3. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Grant, after I began using the GF1 I started to think of it as something I didn't want to be without. Saw a good deal on a used GF1 here, bought it, and began using it as my primary. A virtually brand new backup sits wrapped up in a cabinet...just in case.

4. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    I would call my insurance company and take out a policy. When it is active, I would run over the camera and call them back.

Perhaps I should look into insurance now...

5. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
  6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I was saving up for an E-5 to replace my E-3, when my E-P1 busted. Thankfully the E-PL2 was already out so it filled my need to upgrade the E-3 with the worn out shutter (for better image quality) as well as the things I wanted to replace my E-P1 for (accessory port for EMA-1 external mic jack), all rolled into one very inexpensive purchase (a hell of a lot cheaper than $1700 for the E-5!).

Unfortunately, I never get to look at the "what ifs", because I go through so much camera equipment that the need to replace them is a reality not a hypothetical situation. Oft times I need to replace or repair them on the spot to finish my job.

7. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I have a G1 and GF1 so I'm set.

8. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.