1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

What if?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Grant, May 28, 2011.

1. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

Today I dropped my camera not far enough to do majour damage, just enough to give it a few battle scars. I just dusted it off, shrugged my shoulder and kept shooting. After all what is a tool without working grunge on it?

While I was driving back from the shoot I got to thinking. I don’t change cameras all that often but “What if?” What if my camera was destroyed, what if I had to replace it, what would I choose?

While there are lots of really cool cameras out there tempting me I think I would look for another GF1 as it works for me.

So if you had a “What if?” What would you do?

2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I'd get this:

GF3

G

3. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Grant, after I began using the GF1 I started to think of it as something I didn't want to be without. Saw a good deal on a used GF1 here, bought it, and began using it as my primary. A virtually brand new backup sits wrapped up in a cabinet...just in case.

4. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    I would call my insurance company and take out a policy. When it is active, I would run over the camera and call them back.

Perhaps I should look into insurance now...

5. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
  6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I was saving up for an E-5 to replace my E-3, when my E-P1 busted. Thankfully the E-PL2 was already out so it filled my need to upgrade the E-3 with the worn out shutter (for better image quality) as well as the things I wanted to replace my E-P1 for (accessory port for EMA-1 external mic jack), all rolled into one very inexpensive purchase (a hell of a lot cheaper than $1700 for the E-5!).

Unfortunately, I never get to look at the "what ifs", because I go through so much camera equipment that the need to replace them is a reality not a hypothetical situation. Oft times I need to replace or repair them on the spot to finish my job.

7. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I have a G1 and GF1 so I'm set.

8. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal