What if Panasonic releases three new cameras between 3rd quarter 2021 and 2cd Qarter 2022?

Which one would you buy?

• Gh6

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • G10

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Gx10

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
So we get the following: 43 mpx Gh6 (8K), G10 (same sensor but "only" 6K video), and a Gx10 (same sensor - similar but smaller body than Gx8 but only 30 mpx output, to get some kind of pricing advantage on sensor purchase) with $2500 / $1800 / $1000 US pricing. Which are you going to buy? New software stuff is all three do Hand Held High Res, live view longer than 8 seconds and come with Vlog. Same focusing system as current and all three have viewfinders like the current G9.

Last edited:

DanS

Mu-43 All-Pro
I'd buy a GH6 because I do a lot of video work.

DGoakill

Mu-43 Regular
I'd buy a G10 and a GX10! These two lines are always talked about in contrast to one another, where I feel they compliment each other.

JensM

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
As screename
Most likely wait for the G11 and complimentary GX11, even though the GX10 would be somewhat tempting if specced as the GX8, or at the very least weather sealed.

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A used gx9
And you would be happy. I've had a G9 for two years and the second since last December when I decided the Gh6 would be past my comfort zone in price and that a G10 would be at least a year away. Seriously I've shot everything from 4x5 to P&S cameras and nothing I've ever used fits my personal needs like the G9. Panasonic cameras (even my Gx85) really are tools for photographers.

Last edited:

Hypilein

Mu-43 All-Pro
If the GX10 would be weather sealed I'd be in on that. Although probably not this year, because my macbook needs an upgrade quite urgently and I'm waiting for the new Mac Book Pro 14" or 16" to arrive.

Sammyboy

m43 Pro
.... if you're waiting for a Panazonic G10, you're a little late to the party .... it was released in 2010 and discontinued shortly after its release ....

Generationfourth

Mu-43 Veteran
And you would be happy. I've had a G9 for two years and the second since last December when I decided the Gh6 would be past my comfort zone in price and that a G10 would be at least a year away. Seriously I've shot everything from 4x5 to P&S cameras and nothing I've ever used fits my personal needs like the G9. Panasonic cameras (even my Gx85) really are tools for photographers.

As an enthusiast I really can't ask for anything more out of the G9. Every time I pick it up and dig around I find and learn new capabilities. I don't think I'll ever max out it's capability especially since I don't shoot video. If I had to nitpick it would be the ability to go diagonal on the joystick and about 100 grams lighter but I don't think that warrants the G10 moniker. I did think that M43 needs to leverage computational photography more but I just bought a new iPhone 12 (from my 7) and the camera is a total let down. Hence GX9...

My choice in January. Great little camera, excellent companion to the G9.

I dusted off my GF1 and it's been absolute blast and reminded me the practicality of a rangefinder, so I think the GX9 is in the cards. Just have too many hobbies and planned purchases this year.

I don't see what all the fuss is about the doom and gloom of M43. I cannot ask anything more out of these cameras and there are dozens of lenses I have yet to try out yet.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Probably none. My GX8 and G9 still work perfectly, they both have plenty of megapixels, excellent build quality, and can manage anything I want to do with them. That's what happens when a system matures.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
I have a GX80 that I would like to improve upon. The present G9 is a large camera, I am not keen on the LCD screen, I would love a replacement to have the S1 3 way screen. A GX10, if released will probably be my preferred purchase, but, if a new stills biased model is released, either G or GX, that is what I shall be buying.

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
I've been thinking that this gives Panasonic a golden opportunity to get a jump on Olympus. I mean, if they introduced a G10 or GX10 anytime soon (even by the middle of next year, I should think), Olympus will not even be close to introducing an upgraded E-M1 or E-M5.

Sure, Olympus might by then have an upgraded E-M1X, but for most users the E-M1 is the model to watch and set their sights on, especially people who think in terms of the G9 vs E-M1.3 (or GX9 vs E-M5.3, I guess). It's going to be a loooong time before a new E-M1 or E-M5 will come out, so a lot of stills folks will start looking at anything Pany puts out in the near future, just because they don't want to wait another 2 years. IMHO.

WT21

Mu-43 Legend
I have no plans do deal with 30 or 48 or really any MP over 24 and I don’t care about video so I’m likely out. besides, I can’t imagine any of my lenses resolve any close to that kind of pixel pitch

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom