What if M43 didn't exist.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Gyles, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Gyles

Gyles Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Sunny Norfolk, UK
    Travelographer and self confessed Hexaholic
    Imagine a world without M43 CSC's...............what system do you think you'd buy into and why?

Me, Samsung NX would be worth a look for me.Perhaps the next best thing to M43?

Compact, good lens line up with some decent primes, good reviews, choice of body styles, K mount adapter, plus Samsung is huge innovative company that seams to excel whenever it does anything..

2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  3. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    I would probably be on a Sony or Fujifilm. Most likely a NEX-5N, which would have been available around the same time as when I was researching E-M5.

Edit: Merge?

4. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    Probably Sony NEX. That was the other system I was looking at when I decided to go with MFT. I liked Fuji as well, but the price was too high at the time.

5. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Jan (John) Kusters
    Most likely I would still be lugging a Nikon DX set, although by now I would be looking at Fuji camera's. I was lured into M43 by the primes, and it is still hard to find a similar good and small set like my Oly primes with most other brands. Switching to Fuji would be a lot more expensive than my present M43 set.

6. Gyles

Gyles Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Sunny Norfolk, UK
    Travelographer and self confessed Hexaholic