1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What I'd really like to see . . .

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by jbeber, Jan 23, 2010.

1. jbeber

jbeber New to Mu-43

Jan 23, 2010
    Long Island
    I'm a Nikon user - and have been since the dark ages (and by dark ages I mean N90 film days, of course) I love to shoot and hate lugging around all the gear - so what would I really like in a camera? Here's my list:

1) I don't care about pentaprisms - I just like to hold a camera up to my eye when I shoot - so drop the 3 inch screen on the back, make the camera smaller, lighter and less expensive and just give me a really high res viewfinder.

2) Sure i like specialty lenses - I have lots, but If I could have that wide angle to tele with a 2.8 aperture across the board, somewhere in the range of 24 mm - 300 mm I'd be a happy camper (OK, I know, I know, who wouldn't be happy with that lens) Oh yea, I forgot, it has to be small and light.

3) I wouldn't mind being able to shoot in the dark with very little or no noise - its a wish list right?

4) really solid metal body

5) not too many dials - definitely NO programs - like sports or portrait - or any of the other 15 - 20 that show up - thats just another way of saying you don't know what the Aperture, Manual or Speed dials do to a picture.

6) And last but not least - I'd like to be made by Nikon so I don't have to buy a new shoulder strap with a different name!

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    I used to have a dream like that also,.....
    but then I woke up and got The Pen1....

Now, the dream is a reality.....
    Shooter

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.