1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

What I'd like to see in the next E-PLx

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by WT21, Jul 22, 2013.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I've got an EPM2 at present, but miss the flippy screen of the EPL5.

But, I don't care for the mode dial on the EPL5 (so easily gets changed in-pocket) nor how the flippy screen gets in the way of operating the back dial a bit.

There are lots of "pie in the sky" things I could dream of for the next EPLx, but I guess mainly I'd like the mode dial to be recessed under the case -- like with the EP1 -- so it wouldn't accidentally get knocked around.

Or, far less likely, would be to remove the mode dial, and get a more comprehensive touch-screen for settings approach, much like the EOS-M uses.

I guess two other items, too a 920K dot LCD and wifi direction connection mode.

2. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    But the E-PL6 is already out :confused:

http://olympus-imaging.jp/product/dslr/epl6/spec/index.html

It's already available in stores here.

LCD :
    WIFI: Looks like there's none!

3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Yes, but it's not available in the US. (I'm not sure about the EU.) Let's just move it up to the PL7. I do like the way the touchscreen works on the EOS M, but it's also a pain when you keep randomly triggering it. I'm not sure how to fix that aside from turning it off, but that defeats the purpose. You almost need a iPhone like button.