What I woke up to Christmas Day (PIC Heavy)

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Djarum, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    So Friday night my girlfriend and I cruised around the city to look at Christmas lights. We got home, checked the news, and the weathermen were calling for a "light dusting" of snow, around less than a half an inch. These are some of the shots I woke up to Christmas Morning. Keep in mind I live in Huntsville Alabama, where the total snowfall for a year is less than a quarter inch.

Outside My Apartment, early
    PC254157.JPG

PC254173.JPG

This one I really like. The mood of the morning I think is expressed here.

PC254178.JPG

PC254186.JPG

Me standing in the snow

PC254195.JPG

Taken at a greenway by a creek

PC254208.JPG

PC254214.JPG

PC254219.JPG

PC254220.JPG

One of my favorites
    PC254224.JPG

In general, we don't get this kind of snow. The flakes were the largest I've seen. It snowed the following day too. There's still snow on the ground today, but should melt since we will be north of 45 degrees F.

• Like Like x 3
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hey, Jason, I heard about that snowfall down there and thought of you!:biggrin: I'm glad you had such a happy white snow filled Christmas day! We got ours a bit later.:wink:

Nice pix - that first one with the light on the barn has a lovely feeling to it, and it's fun to follow "your footsteps" through the day, too.:smile:

3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    BB,

The city was not prepared. Lots of wrecks Christmas morning.

My uncle lives in Winston-Salem, and was going to go down to Florida to see my grandmother. He has a 4WD but said even at that it was too messy for him to go down on Monday.