1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

What i need in my next m43 cam...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by homerusan, Jan 17, 2013.

1. homerusan

homerusan Mu-43 Regular

Dec 25, 2012
    izmir, TURKEY
    like the collect, inform and wonder if are there anybody else that complain about camera features :smile:

me fisrt: i wish my e-pl2 has a dial for my forefinger, not for my thumb. and also one more customizable fn button for iso.(have 2 for ael, mf)

its not a camera review topic just lack of your cameras for your own view :smile:

2. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    You may change the topic to: What I need in my next camera.
    The good thing in :43: that almost every missing in your current camera exist in other cameras. So if the feature hurt your shooting style, you can always obtain it in your next camera.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    ...has not been lost with PL25 on it.

but seriously, I want smoother operation on the EPL5 touch screen, a solid mode dial and crisp buttons. I've always been fond of panasonic's handling and colour accuracy, but olympus' function.

it's also better to have built-in GPS, better mics and loose layout.

4. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    I want to be able to set tag/keywords on the camera. That way I can split the pictures up based on event/context starting from the camera. I can leave ratings/flags on those special pictures, etc.

5. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    That's a first! I have never heard anyone praising color accuracy on Panasonic cameras in JPEG, but that the latest generation Panasonic cameras are finally catching up to Olympus in this area...

6. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Basically, all of the E-M5's functionality in a rangefinder body (including EVF) as a second/backup. And I'd very much appreciate Oly putting some custom modes ON THE DIAL ( so I can create presets for bracketed shooting that don't require menu diving or holding down a button while shooting. Drop Art and Scene modes, far as I care. I can get to those via the SCP anyway, as they're filter modes and not shooting modes per se and should superimpose on the desired shooting mode (auto, P,A,S, or M).

7. jyc860923

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    I'd agree that my E-PL5 does have greater WB accuracy, but the colour rendering shows an obvious exaggeration

8. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Did you have the warm color option switched off? For JPEG, I always stay away from "vivid" or "enhanced" options as well. In my past experience, I find Panasonic jpegs to reproduce unnatural, greenish skin tone because of color shift from orange to yellow and yellow to green, which are also well-documented in "Imatest" results conducted by online reviewers. This was the very reason that drove me from the GF1 to an E-PL1 in the first place...

9. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I wish my E-PM1s had an extra Fn button, the new Sony sensor, and the Keyline II art filter.

Oh wait... I guessd that means I wish my E-PM1s were E-PM2s. ;)

10. jyc860923

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    I always tried to set to get the neutral colour, but there's the shift towards blue and orange too, which is I think Olympus has done on purpose to make the image look unique, my e-pl5 has even rendered a certain "green" as blue

11. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    I wish my E-PM1 had control dials like the OMD. I also wish it had the zoom focus feature that I guess the other Oly cameras have. And I wish it had a flip out LCD. So, I basically wish it was an OMD with a flip out screen. I also wish it didn't have the shutter shock issues. But no camera is perfect.