What I did on my summer vacation...

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by JohnF, Oct 5, 2013.

1. JohnF

JohnF Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2010
    Oberursel, Germany
    Actually didn't have much of one this year, only five days off.

Went to Switzerland. My plans to pop up to the glacier at Zermatt were doomed in the face of inclement weather - when the cable car isn't running and with winds of over 75 km/h it's not really wise to pop up there - but I did get a few along the way.

This was taken from the balcony of a friend of mine overlooking Lace Lucerne. A mere 6.8 GP...

This was taken on the Furka Pass heading up the pass from the West. A tad smaller, 1.4 GP...

This was taken from near the top of the Furka Pass. Lovely view, that. :) Just a tad short of 4.6 GP...

Wish I could embed these.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Beautiful. It reminds me of a long weekend spent in Iseltwald on lake Brienz back in 1985. The worst part of that trip was that I started in Bad Tolz, drove home to Weierhof (near Alzey) to be with a group catching a tour bus to Interlaken, and then did the whole thing in reverse at the other end. Add in that I forgot my keys to the BOQ in Bad Tolz and had to retrace my steps when I was an hour away from home on the return it was an exhausting "retreat".