1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

What ho! Hello!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by gfun, Jan 29, 2014.

1. gfun

gfun New to Mu-43

Jan 29, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Gareth Funning
    Long-time lurker, first time poster and all that.

Although I have some sweet Pentax gear (a K-5 and several Limited primes), thinking how nice it would be to have a more portable set-up, I 'accidentally' bought an EPL-2 one late night on ebay and the 20 mm pancake shortly after. Of course, I wasn't satisfied there...

These days I find myself – and my shoulders –*increasingly favouring the smaller kit when I head out to places. So much more practical for travel! And more unobtrusive, too! I'm much more likely to have a camera with me these days, which can only be a good thing.

Hmmm, what else? I live in southern California, and am British. (My spelling and pronunciation are all over the place these days.) It turns out there are four other Brits in my department at work –*I suspect the lack of rain on a daily basis here has something to do with it. My cameras aren't complaining either –*a weather-resistant rig isn't exactly high on the priority list right now!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome aboard, Gareth!

Glad you decided to join up.

Regards,

Jim

3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group, Garteth.

4. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    WOOO CALI! Wheres our introductory photographs to ooooh and aaaaah over?! :D

5. gfun

gfun New to Mu-43

Jan 29, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Gareth Funning
    Hmmm... I'll see what I can do...

6. gfun

gfun New to Mu-43

Jan 29, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Gareth Funning
    Strictly speaking, this one's from Baja California, but it has some of the Cali essentials (e.g. palm trees) in it. A 40 second exposure!

P1150273.

• Like Like x 1