1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

What have you just bought off EBay

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by BillN, Jan 29, 2010.

1. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Don't know if this thread will run - but it could be interesting if we stick to photo rated stuff

I did say BOUGHT, so as not to interfere with what anyone is bidding for

I just won a Konica Hexanon AR 50mm 1.7 EE described as mint = £20

(I think that this is the most common one, but is regarded as being very sharp - paid 20 of our British pounds including postage)

just for fun!! - I would like to compare it will my Nikon, Canon and Pentax 50mm lenses

2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Awesome find Bill, if it's really in mint condition you're in for a treat!

Which adapter are you using?

Cheers

Brian

3. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    adapter - not got one yet - but presumably rjcamera has then?

(PS - looked Konica up after your images and info)

4. steve

steve Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Havertown, PA
    I just bought a Panasonic 14-45 off ebay. I received it Wednesday and am looking forward to using it this weekend.

Steve

5. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Search e-bay for "Hexanon AR" and keep your eyes peeled... I'd be looking for mint condition, rubber focusing ring (later models) versions of 35mm f2.8, 40mm f1.8, 50mm f1.4 or f1.7, 57mm f1.2 or f1.4, 85mm f1.8, 135mm f3.2 (close focusing) or 135mm f2.5 (fast)

Cheers

Brian

6. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    I bought a Voigtlander 35mm f1.7 Ultron which I'm desperate to use but the adapter (the other purchase!) has yet to arrive from Hong Kong. Can't wait!

7. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Andy - I have a 35/1.7 Ultron and I ordered my rjcamera adaptor from the guy in Basingstoke on Wednesday - came this morning - I took a few shots this morning, (but I am not up the the standard of you guys so I don't post many).

China can take 3 to 4 weeks

8. hohoho

hohoho Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2010
    Tokyo
    Adapter for Hexanon, adapter for C-mount.

It's great to see that people here are after "mint condition" lenses. This enthusiasm for mintiness helps bring down keh.com's prices of "BGN" and "UG" -graded items. BGN and UG are good enough for the photographers I know, and they're good enough for me.

9. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Good point hohoho, I shouldn't have used mint condition - but I've been bitten by a couple of dogs in the past :crying: so just make sure you're getting something in good nick! :horse:

Cheers

Brian

10. hohoho

hohoho Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2010
    Tokyo
    Brian, be wary of unusually good-looking Soviet aluminium lens barrels. Famously, the percentage of lemons among most models of Soviet lens is high. Chances are that those that show little use have had little use, and that they have had little use for a very good reason.

On another auction site, twenty hours to go on a minty looking UC Hexanon AR 28/1.8, priced way to high for me. I wouldn't mind a Canon FD 24/2, if an example turned up that was sufficiently ugly to turn away other potential bidders.

11. Alan Wolf

Alan Wolf Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Metz Sca 3202

Just came in this morning. Should give me two TTl flashes to use with my GF1. I’ll post any problems. These sell new for $85 or so, and this is a new one (still sealed) that was a buy it now for $25—it pays to be patient!

Still waiting for my C adapter from Hong Kong...

12. Ben

Ben Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2009
    London
    Last three purchases:

OM 50mm F1.8 (a couple of weeks ago). £26 :clapping: :dance2:
    Metz 36 AF-4.
    Sto-Fen Omnibounce for above.

13. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    Just won a Canon FD 135 f2.0.... trying to get faster glass.
    Will probably sell the f2.5 once I am sure of the 2.0's condition.

14. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Bought a leather case for my EP-2 (not Luigi because he hasn't gotten it together yet...and I probably should have waited!) which hasn't arrived yet and am really hoping I like it - otherwise back it will go with me paying $$$ for return shipping overseas.

Actually this is the very first time I've ever bought a thing on eBay and it makes me a little nervous.

15. Ben

Ben Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2009
    London
    Don't be nervous - everyone is so terrified about losing their 100% rating that you get the best customer service in the world!

• Like Like x 1
  16. ajramirez

ajramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 16, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    My E-P1 and 14-42mm were bought through eBay used but in absolute mint condition, from a seller who stated he had upgraded to an E-P2. The auction closed on Christmas Eve, which I believe helped me get the camera for a better price than I would have otherwise.

My last purchase, which I have not yet received, is a GAF 100XF box camera for 126 cartridges. This I bought because the exact same camera was my very first camera back in 1977 (bought for me by my grandfather when I was 11) and long since lost.

In general, I find eBay to be a much better market for sellers than for buyers, and for rare or older items. It is extremely difficult to find bargains on newer items, as it seems many users get caught up in the excitement of the bidding process and overbid for items. This, of course, is great for sellers.

Regards,

Antonio

• Like Like x 1
  17. BBW

ajramirez, you sure lucked out quite well didn't you? Good for you!

Alas, my camera case arrived today and although it is very nice looking, it does not fit with the 20mm panny lens. Of course this is not the seller's fault as it was not advertised as such...but I tried it due to some comments on another site. Caveat emptor and all that, eh? Or as some are known to say in NY city "Oy vey!" Now I await word as to how I will magically get it back to the UK "in 7 days" - and hoping it won't cost too much. Oh well, live and learn is another hackneyed but handy phrase.

18. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Damn, that's annoying BB... is there any way to stretch the leather?

Cheers

Brian

19. BBW

Nope, but that's OK as long as the seller is nice about my return.:wink: Hey, at least we know for sure now. It is a nice case - not nice in the way that those Hirano's are that Bullfrog posted about. Those look beautiful as, I am sure will be Luigi's when he gets it together. This one has the full cover that snaps off on both sides and then has a magnetic "snap" on the bottom. Interestingly, I now feel that I'll either continue to go "naked" or eventually get just the 1/2 case.

*Meanwhile I am haggling with the eBay merchant who is now saying I will have to pay them "an administrative fee" because I'm sending it back - which is not mentioned at all in their returns info.:dash2: In the greater scheme of things it's really nothing but it's not a great first impression for a novice eBay buyer.:crying: