What happened to the Tamron 14-150mm?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by caimi, Aug 4, 2013.

1. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
  2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Hi Caimi!

Seems to be still "in development", but is available for pre-order from B&H:

Tamron 14-150mm f/3.5-5.8 Di III VC Lens for Micro Four Thirds

So it's apparently not totally vapor ware at this point.

I'm not much one for super zooms but I'm interested to see the reviews on this one. I recently had an outing with three other folks (non photographers all) and they had to wait several times while I swapped out primes.

There may be places where a super zoom could work for me :confused:.

I've asked B&H for an email notification when the lens becomes available.

3. eljay

eljay Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2013
    Waiting for this one as well to see if it's worthy. I hope the performance is good and it's priced competitively against the Panny 14-140mm.

I think we'll see it in the fall, but they just missed the back to school shopping season.
  4. freedda

freedda New to Mu-43

I don' think this lens will ever come out

It is now Feb. 2014, and not a word from Tamron about when this lens will be available or what price will be. Oly has one lens and Pan has two, all with similar ranges. It seems then that Tamron has missed the boat on this one.

I suspect it will only be successful if it is far superior and at a better price than any of these other three lenses, which is setting the bar pretty high.

Also, shame on Tamron for remaining silent about the status of this camera for so long: Tamron USA has probably had hundreds of inquiries about this lens, but the parent company refuses to respond.