What happened to forum? (Active tab, etc)

budeny

Mu-43 All-Pro
After this weekend forum appears quite different and I see interface has changed and many features are missing out completely (e.g. 101 Active forums).

May be it's my fault and there was some announcement that I've missed?

Amin Sabet

Administrator
After this weekend forum appears quite different and I see interface has changed and many features are missing out completely (e.g. 101 Active forums).

May be it's my fault and there was some announcement that I've missed?
I'm always tweaking. The "Active" tab including 101 Active Discussions was there because I couldn't get the standard vBulletin "New Posts" and "Today's Posts" to show on the front page of the site. Now that those links are showing, the Active tab was redundant. Also, the Image Threads tab was missing too many image threads (eg, all the ones in the gear forums), so I removed that too.

Not sure why there was a direct "subscribed threads" link in the first place. That's not a standard vBulletin link, and it wasn't there on any of my other sites. I put it back in the usual location in order to keep things the same across the sites and to make room for other links.

gcogger

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Graeme
While we're on the subject...
I've bookmarked the link to go straight to the page showing me my subscribed forums (and subscribed threads with new posts):
https://www.mu-43.com/usercp.php

For the life of me, I can't work out how to navigate there if I don't have the bookmark! Any ideas?

budeny

Mu-43 All-Pro
I'm always tweaking. The "Active" tab including 101 Active Discussions was there because I couldn't get the standard vBulletin "New Posts" and "Today's Posts" to show on the front page of the site. Now that those links are showing, the Active tab was redundant.
Ok, I see.
But New Posts and Today's Posts are confusing, at least to me - while they say "Posts" they really list the discussions.. And what's the definition of "New"? Just list of discussions sorted by time of first post or last post?
Dunno.. 101 Active Discussions page was easy way to see what's up here (without clicking through 1-2-3-4 pages!) and I will miss it.

RevBob

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
I have to agree - I liked the 101 Active Discussions with the Buy & Sell links along the side. It was a quick way to scan the site and looked relatively clean and uncluttered. I don't really care for the new format - much less readable. :frown:

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
I've noticed that the link to the thread's forum, above the topmost 'Reply to Thread' button has also gone missing. I think it's valuable to have a way to navigate up the hierarchy to the relevant forum for the thread, as well as a reminder of what the (intended) topic of a thread is.

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The thread nesting list has definitely disappeared.
I had to exit this thread and check where it was before replying, just in case it wasn't in "foum feedback" or wherever.

I really miss the direct "subscribed threads" button, it was the first thing I always hit after scanning for UK buy&sell stuff.
It is now in a drop down menu : annoying.

budeny

Mu-43 All-Pro
:thiagree:
Yes, it would be good to get back thread breadcrumbs and direct "subscribed threads" button.

Lodos

Mu-43 Regular
I have to agree - I liked the 101 Active Discussions with the Buy & Sell links along the side. It was a quick way to scan the site and looked relatively clean and uncluttered. I don't really care for the new format - much less readable. :frown:
count me in as well, I totally agree with:

"I liked the 101 Active Discussions with the Buy & Sell links along the side. It was a quick way to scan the site and looked relatively clean and uncluttered. I don't really care for the new format - much less readable."

I was always thinking talkemount forum should have this feature as well. Now we are missing here too.

dogs100

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Geoff
I can't find the tab that lets me clear all posts, it used to be under forums.

found it under miscellaneous

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom