1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

What happened to forum? (Active tab, etc)

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by budeny, May 27, 2014.

1. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    After this weekend forum appears quite different and I see interface has changed and many features are missing out completely (e.g. 101 Active forums).

May be it's my fault and there was some announcement that I've missed?

2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    and the direct "subscribed threads" button has disappeared.

Is someone tweaking the forum layout for no good reason?

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I'm always tweaking. The "Active" tab including 101 Active Discussions was there because I couldn't get the standard vBulletin "New Posts" and "Today's Posts" to show on the front page of the site. Now that those links are showing, the Active tab was redundant. Also, the Image Threads tab was missing too many image threads (eg, all the ones in the gear forums), so I removed that too.

Not sure why there was a direct "subscribed threads" link in the first place. That's not a standard vBulletin link, and it wasn't there on any of my other sites. I put it back in the usual location in order to keep things the same across the sites and to make room for other links.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I'm using a different computer tonight & thought it was me! :rolleyes: :biggrin:

5. gcogger

gcogger Mu-43 Veteran

May 25, 2010
    UK
    Graeme
    While we're on the subject...
    I've bookmarked the link to go straight to the page showing me my subscribed forums (and subscribed threads with new posts):
    https://www.mu-43.com/usercp.php

For the life of me, I can't work out how to navigate there if I don't have the bookmark! Any ideas?

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Click on Quick Links, and it's on the dropdown menu

7. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Ok, I see.
    But New Posts and Today's Posts are confusing, at least to me - while they say "Posts" they really list the discussions.. And what's the definition of "New"? Just list of discussions sorted by time of first post or last post?
    Dunno.. 101 Active Discussions page was easy way to see what's up here (without clicking through 1-2-3-4 pages!) and I will miss it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I have to agree - I liked the 101 Active Discussions with the Buy & Sell links along the side. It was a quick way to scan the site and looked relatively clean and uncluttered. I don't really care for the new format - much less readable. :frown:

9. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I've noticed that the link to the thread's forum, above the topmost 'Reply to Thread' button has also gone missing. I think it's valuable to have a way to navigate up the hierarchy to the relevant forum for the thread, as well as a reminder of what the (intended) topic of a thread is.

10. Ulfric M Douglas

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    The thread nesting list has definitely disappeared.
    I had to exit this thread and check where it was before replying, just in case it wasn't in "foum feedback" or wherever.

I really miss the direct "subscribed threads" button, it was the first thing I always hit after scanning for UK buy&sell stuff.
    It is now in a drop down menu : annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  11. gcogger

gcogger Mu-43 Veteran

May 25, 2010
    UK
    Graeme
    ??? Not for me - I see 'subscribed threads' but not 'subscribed forums'.

12. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    :thiagree:
    Yes, it would be good to get back thread breadcrumbs and direct "subscribed threads" button.

13. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Oops, my mistake. I have no idea how to get to subscribed forums.

14. gcogger

gcogger Mu-43 Veteran

May 25, 2010
    UK
    Graeme
    LOL :biggrin: So it's not just me, then! Good job I have it bookmarked, as it's my main way of viewing this (or any) forum.

15. Lodos

Lodos Mu-43 Regular

count me in as well, I totally agree with:

"I liked the 101 Active Discussions with the Buy & Sell links along the side. It was a quick way to scan the site and looked relatively clean and uncluttered. I don't really care for the new format - much less readable."

I was always thinking talkemount forum should have this feature as well. Now we are missing here too.

16. Ulfric M Douglas

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    "Subscribed threads" and the nested thread line are back for now, thanks Amin, you can stitch your leg back on now ;)

17. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    Geoff
    I can't find the tab that lets me clear all posts, it used to be under forums.

found it under miscellaneous

18. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It's under Miscellaneous now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Amin, thank you for fast responses and bringing all those features back!
    I really appreciate your dedication to this forum.

• Like Like x 3