What happened to AF?

SkiHound

Mu-43 Veteran
So, I pulled out my E-M5 with 17mm lens and it wouldn't AF. Didn't know if it was the camera or the lens. Of course, I had the clutch pulled back into MF. I did this a few times when I first got the lens, but you'd think I'd figure it out. A real doh moment.

zensu

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bobby
So, I pulled out my E-M5 with 17mm lens and it wouldn't AF. Didn't know if it was the camera or the lens. Of course, I had the clutch pulled back into MF. I did this a few times when I first got the lens, but you'd think I'd figure it out. A real doh moment.

I had the same doh moment when I first started using the 12-40 zoom. It was the first lens I got that had this pull focus option. If it happens again I immediately know what to do but I felt like an idiot the first few times this happened. Doh!

Clint

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Clint
I still do it on occasions. The idea is good, I almost wish there was convenient way to keep it semi-locked in position of choice.

Aegon

Mu-43 Veteran
I had the mode switch on my old E-P5 configured to use MF aids in mode-two, which also disabled AF. I would often accidentally activate that switch or the focus clutch and scratch my head for a while.

Latest threads

Top Bottom