What feature on you camera could you do without?

Ian_Holmes

Mu-43 Regular
There's so many bells and whistles on these things that there has to be features we won't or don't want to use. What are yours?
Personally I think I could do without the HD video. I've already got a very nice Canon Vixia HD video camera that serves me very well so the E-P2's video feature is very unlikely to get used in my case.
Ian

Bokeh Diem

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Price tags... I hate price tags... never liked 'em especially on these damn digicams.

Bokeh Diem

hohoho

Mu-43 Regular
Flash (on the G1). Intelligent use of flash (bounce, etc) can be a good thing. Little flashguns like this produce results that look like shi -- sorry, this is a family forum. Let me put it as politely as I can: they produce results that do not appeal to me in the slightest. So I never use them. But then in parties and so on people correctly guess that a flash lurks under the bulge, and want photos with flash, which I hate but feel compelled to use. And then I have to send them the damn photos which I hate just as I had expected.

Now, if this were instead a question about computers, I'd say "Windows". Those who want it are welcome to it. I don't understand why the fruitcake it is that when I want a notebook computer my choices are limited to (a) Mac OS X, (b) a netbook with Ubuntu, (c) a very expensive ("corporate") laptop with Fedora or whatever, and (d) Windows. Yes, people want and even need Windows. But people also want and even need baby seats in their cars. Yet when I buy a car I'm not forced to pay an extra so many hundred bucks for a baby seat for the baby that I don't have. (Sorry for the off-topic rant, but just last night I paid a pile of my own money for a notebook and Windows that I shall delete.)

Now that I've worked myself into a froth of fury I think I'll take a big old flashgun around to the entrance to the Microsoft office (a very small detour on my way to work) and stick it to the Man by flashing the suits as they come out of the building. Grrr!

squeegee

Mu-43 Veteran
oh I've been wanting to rant about this for a while... I can't resist the invitation. I have an E-P1.

1) All the scene and art modes... nuke them all, you can do it all on a computer after anyways. Heck, nuke the Auto too and just leave the P which is almost identical to auto...

2) multiple image sizes... everyone can crop on a computer anyways. Just give RAW + Large super fine... memory cards are so dirt cheap there's no reason to use anything else.

3) all image editing options "in camera"

4) The ability to "print" from the camera.

5) The ability to display to a TV from the camera.

okay I better stop before I get in real trouble... :rolleyes:

ajramirez

Mu-43 Veteran
It's probably easier to list what I believe the camera should have, and exclude the rest. As I mentioned in another thread, I would appreciate alternative firmware for my E-P1 that would allow the following:

1. Controls for aperture, shutter speed, WB, single-shot or continuous AF, ISO
2. Manual, program, and aperture priority shooting modes
3. Full size RAW only
4. IBIS

I may be missing a few features, but I believe everything else can be deleted. I do not need, or want, in-camera noise reduction, picture modes, saturation, sharpening, video (and audio), art filters, etc.

If I could add one feature to the camera, it would be an integrated OVF or EVF.

Throw in a few fast, high quality primes, and I would be all set.

Regards,

Antonio

Latest threads

Top Bottom