What does it take to a FullFramer to reclame..

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by pen2omd, Feb 15, 2014.

1. pen2omd

pen2omd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2013
    California
    Removed

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    What does it take for a person to abandon the "This vs That" arguement and get out and shoot? Nothing personal, but at the end of the day, the camera in my hand is the one that takes the picture. Not sure where all of this "underdog" syndrome is coming from all of a sudden, but I like what I have, and I will shoot with it. If it doesn't work, I will get something else. End of story, no need to proclaim superiority of one thing over another.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Reflector

Reflector Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    There's no underdog syndrome here. Its just a simple presentation of facts. We're all users of cameras here and there's nothing wrong with sharing information like this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    I agree - and gear talk is part of the fun too!!

5. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    I like simple relative comparisons and any related users experiences, it helps when something is mentioned that i'd never of thought of.

6. pen2omd

pen2omd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2013
    California
    removed

7. HappyFish

HappyFish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    Chad
    I would take the E-M1 with the Oly 75 1.8 which I then get AF in and will be sharper than both those setups and perform better than both and be smaller lighter etc... And not worry about the extra 30mm lost :)

Chances are I would have a Leica 180 on the a7 setup ? And not worry about the stop of dof to compare :) and have reasonable size

But the em1 with 90 ya have looks like a nice 180 equiv setup for sure :)

Now the Leica 180 2.8 with speed booster would be a curious setup I am wanting to try for a 250 or so range f/2 lens then carry a regular adapter and have a 360 that way with my Oly 75 I would have a nice range for longer glass

8. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    That makes the µ43 better doesn't it? as I get a lot more in apparent ficus for any given angle of view? And for the pedant they are all little formats or crops or whatever people want to call them as a full plate is 6½" x 8½" a lot bigger than the teeny tiny 35mm format. Of course I am jesting but it just shows how perception of sizes can be altered over time at one point roll film was a small format and 35mm was considered a miniature format. That being said it I really wanted to get this and perfect razor thin DOF I would stick a a 4/500 mm on my old Deardorf, that can make anyone pop, pity it costs a small fortune to feed. I love the massive amounts of apparent focus that our cameras give us, but then its all down to taste.

9. pen2omd

pen2omd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2013
    California
    moving on

10. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Just out of curiosity, what do you photograph with the A7r? I was intrigued by this camera following a review on Luminous Landscape and how it appeared to work quite well with M mount lenses. What I'm getting at is, what is the end purpose of any photographs taken with the A7r, prints, web image etc. My general end purpose is to make prints and I've printed 17"x22" prints from my old E1 and they've come out beautiful. I've also done the same from my E-5 with similar results and from all accounts, the E-M1 will be better yet. I was thinking that the A7r would be a great landscape/architectural camera, but not sure for what else.

11. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    :bravo-009::clapping::bravo-009::clapping::bravo-009::clapping::bravo-009::clapping:

12. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Hmmm...
    Don't see nowhere near the number of these type of posts (vs Full Frame Equivalent) in the affiliated Sony or Fuji forums that Amin runs...

I wonder why :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  13. pen2omd

pen2omd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2013
    California
    moving on

14. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    At least you're not into boating, that would be a significantly more expensive hobby. :)

15. Reflector

Reflector Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    Why would an A7R owner willingly post a photo example on m43s to demonstrate a clear point? I doubt a multisystem owner would have underdog syndrome.

It doesn't help that m43 gets targeted at times by overzealous owners as a format. I've seen it here and it usually works with the 135 format side claiming "advantages." But to make an inverse argument is to get 1 star ratings and aggressive dismission of the valid points. I guess sometimes there's a tendency for established ways to stay established no matter what.

Photography is a spectrum of diversity and my own topic was to make the point that it neutralizes out in the end when the numbers are played with so there's no "advantages" or "disadvantages" once you push the scenarios around.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Rarely do I ever see this....
    (But then again, I don't spend my time going around looking for this either...)

I just have fun with my stuff & shoot...:smile:

17. Lisandra

Lisandra Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    I worked for an agency and for a while we did high iso night shots that were printed 5 feet tall. All with the gh3. Nowadays the heavy gear can be left at home.

18. Reflector

Reflector Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    I don't look for it either but I don't assume it doesn't exist either. Aggressive marketing really didn't help with this.

19. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    I wouldn't sweat it....
    I just seriously contemplated one of those refurbished E-P5s at $639 USD - truth be told, I'd prefer it over my E-PL5.....(a bit off thread topic I know..)

20. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    And folks seem to have forgot that we were printing off all those 6mp bodies too....:smile:

• Like Like x 1