What Do You Use...Trackpad or Mouse?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JStheoriginal, Apr 14, 2013.

1. JStheoriginal

JStheoriginal Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Canada
    Justin
    I replaced my Apple Magic Mouse on my iMac with the Apple Magic Trackpad just over a year ago. Sometimes I miss using a mouse for fine control like clicking and dragging, but otherwise the extra gestures the trackpad allows make up for it!

2. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    I've got a mac-mini and use a Apple magic mouse. PITB with it losing connection frequently ( battery size issue I guess). I was wondering, however, to fine control some slide bar settings in LR (i.e. contrast or saturation) is there a keyboard shortcut so you can be more precise than with a mouse?

3. JStheoriginal

JStheoriginal Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Canada
    Justin
    I'm sure you can click on the # and manually enter it. Not sure about a keyboard shortcut to tap increments of 1 however.

4. Love Apple but their keyboards and mice are utterly horendous in terms of comfort and ergonomics.

I use a mouse (i am a lefty for mice) paired with a small wacom digitizer on my right hand (i write with my right).

5. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    Trackball for the last 20 years.

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    NEITHER! I only use a pen tablet.

7. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    I mouse it since I have poor hand/finger dexterity. I wish I could use the Bamboo tablet as Ned references.

8. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    Since I also play a lot of online games and my primary image processing machine is my PC, I use a Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse, it's great because it has several programmable buttons and you can change the sensitivity on the fly by use of 2 buttons. Great price too. Being a graphic artist I've used various types of controllers and besides the Wacom Bamboo pad and pen I use at work this is a close second.

Funny thing about the mouse though, I write left handed but use the mouse with my right hand. The Wacom tablet I use the pen with my left . . . go figure.

9. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I use my magic mouse most of the time, but when the batteries decide to get funky (perhaps you are aware of the magic mouse battery issue), I resort to the trackpad (which always stays connected).

10. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    programable m ouse and a 6x8 Wacom tablet.

Gordon

11. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    Both. The Apple Trackpad for surfing and gesture control and a cheap logitech mouse for processing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.