What Do You Use...Trackpad or Mouse?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JStheoriginal, Apr 14, 2013.

1. JStheoriginal

JStheoriginal Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    I replaced my Apple Magic Mouse on my iMac with the Apple Magic Trackpad just over a year ago. Sometimes I miss using a mouse for fine control like clicking and dragging, but otherwise the extra gestures the trackpad allows make up for it!
  2. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    I've got a mac-mini and use a Apple magic mouse. PITB with it losing connection frequently ( battery size issue I guess). I was wondering, however, to fine control some slide bar settings in LR (i.e. contrast or saturation) is there a keyboard shortcut so you can be more precise than with a mouse?
  3. JStheoriginal

JStheoriginal Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    I'm sure you can click on the # and manually enter it. Not sure about a keyboard shortcut to tap increments of 1 however.
  4. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Love Apple but their keyboards and mice are utterly horendous in terms of comfort and ergonomics.

I use a mouse (i am a lefty for mice) paired with a small wacom digitizer on my right hand (i write with my right).
  5. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    Trackball for the last 20 years.
  6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    NEITHER! I only use a pen tablet.
  7. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    I mouse it since I have poor hand/finger dexterity. I wish I could use the Bamboo tablet as Ned references.
  8. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    Since I also play a lot of online games and my primary image processing machine is my PC, I use a Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse, it's great because it has several programmable buttons and you can change the sensitivity on the fly by use of 2 buttons. Great price too. Being a graphic artist I've used various types of controllers and besides the Wacom Bamboo pad and pen I use at work this is a close second.

Funny thing about the mouse though, I write left handed but use the mouse with my right hand. The Wacom tablet I use the pen with my left . . . go figure.
  9. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I use my magic mouse most of the time, but when the batteries decide to get funky (perhaps you are aware of the magic mouse battery issue), I resort to the trackpad (which always stays connected).
  10. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    programable m ouse and a 6x8 Wacom tablet.

11. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    Both. The Apple Trackpad for surfing and gesture control and a cheap logitech mouse for processing.