What do you think of the "Orange" dark theme?

What do you think of the "Orange" dark theme?

• I like 70s orange, bring me some more!

• I hate it, I'll pay for the paint to change it!

• Don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Hi, on my phone I see some changes, but the text of posts didn't change noticeably to me. Maybe it's bigger, but it's still small for me on both an iPhone 6s and a Pixel XL (both using Chrome with the largest font option).

I bumped it up another bit. How does it look now?

barry

Super Moderator
But it's good now?
A little bigger would be better for me.

I notice that on Chrome on Android, increasing the browser text scaling setting works on many elements, but not on the post text. I normally have it at 115% on my Pixel XL. (Chrome on iOS doesn't have that setting as Safari does the rendering.)
That might explain why it seems smaller now, assuming that setting was effective on XF1. I wonder if the CSS has that element set to an absolute size or something like that.

Cederic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Just switched from dark to very dark and.. tangible relief. Apparently the dark/orange had been causing a small level of sensory overload that's greatly reduced with the new very dark theme.

Many thanks!

davidzvi

Real Name
David
Still hoping for a medium like we had before (both here and on the Cafe). But for some reason the light seems a bit more harsh here than it does over there.

twigboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Couldn't take the bright default/light and very dark looked b&w. Dark w/orange is nice -- doesn't hurt my eyes.

PacNWMike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Like the big buttons. But Very fine line between getting a "like" and getting the drop down/up and getting the browser pop up

PacNWMike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Would prefer a tap for like options and a hold for browser

edit: on the computer now and it works fine, mouse-over and select Just the phone and my big fingers don't get along.

Last edited:

kb1142

Mu-43 All-Pro
But it's good now?

If you are still in the decision-making mode, larger text would be nice. If not, I can live with it. Thanks for the work Amin. I was expecting more site downtime but the change went smoothly, in my opinion.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
If you are still in the decision-making mode, larger text would be nice. If not, I can live with it. Thanks for the work Amin. I was expecting more site downtime but the change went smoothly, in my opinion.

I'm getting about an equal number of people asking for smaller text and larger text, so for now I'm going to leave it as is but will keep an eye on additional feedback.

Latest threads

Top Bottom