What do you think of the "Orange" dark theme?

What do you think of the "Orange" dark theme?

• I like 70s orange, bring me some more!

• I hate it, I'll pay for the paint to change it!

• Don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.

WRay

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ray
Once again the blue is too close in value to the background. I tried beta 2 on my MacBook, iPad and phone. I'm finding the blue more difficult to read. The background is okay but text needs to be brighter with more contrast.

PacNWMike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Comment unrelated to color. Not liking the "drop up" like buttons. Really hard to navigate with my fat fingers. Also no way that I can see to cancel/change mistakes.

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
I think the new dark with orange looks well balanced, and different from other sites. I'll use it from here on.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
So where are these themes hidden? I use Fedora 28 and I use both the google chrome and firefox browsers. I went into preferences and I didn't see anything related to themes.
WAAAAY down at the bottom of the screen, left hand corner.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Comment unrelated to color. Not liking the "drop up" like buttons. Really hard to navigate with my fat fingers. Also no way that I can see to cancel/change mistakes.

To cancel/change mistakes, just choose again. Eg, if you click like by mistake and then click winner, it will switch to winner.

ac12

Mu-43 Legend
VERY dark looks good.
I HATE bright screens, as it makes me feel like I am looking at a light bulb, which in a sense I am.
And yes I don't like Work and Excel with the white background. I have to turn down the brightness of the monitor to make it bearable to use those programs.
For heavy work, give me the old orange on black screen any day.

Walter

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
I've always been using the light style. Looking at the other two my favourite would be very dark. But as this question is a matter of personal taste and choice and you've given us three alternatives, there's nothing to complain about. Overall I like the look of v2.
There is only thing I've been using quite often in v1 that's gone to the bin, alas. When I click on my name (top right) there used to be the option "your attachments". With that I could see right away which pics I had already posted. Now I have only "your content" left, and I have to open the thread to see the photos I posted. So it takes two or more clicks instead of one.
By the way, I love your new avatar showing two very happy persons.

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
It's fine, although I kind of liked the old dark theme a bit better. But that's just me. At least it's unique.

billca

Mu-43 Veteran
I had no complaints with version 1, but now I've seen v2 i prefer that.

barry

Super Moderator
I increased the font size a little. Is it good now, or should I increase it further?
Hi, on my phone I see some changes, but the text of posts didn't change noticeably to me. Maybe it's bigger, but it's still small for me on both an iPhone 6s and a Pixel XL (both using Chrome with the largest font option).

I like the Very Dark (v2) theme... the cyan is much easier on my eyes than the orange/peach.
Thanks!

Latest threads

Top Bottom