What do you know about this?(Contax adaptor for m43)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by next61, Apr 24, 2010.

1. next61

next61 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    I got across this adaptor for a Contax G Planar but there are no contact info for this site besides a paypal link. Is this a legit site? Did you ever bought anything from this site? It looks like high quality adaptor but I don't want to get burned with another "to good to be true"...
    Here is the link: Contax G – Micro 4/3
    I don't want to offend any of you, just wanted to play safe!

2. mabelsound

mabelsound Guest

That's Robert Jagitsch, he's as trustworthy as they come. He's been working on this adapter for a long time...you should go for it.

3. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
  4. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    You could go conservative and wait for others to comment on the new adapter.

Many here have ordered (including myself) and should be getting it in a few days....I am sure here will be lots of chatter about it.

R

5. next61

next61 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    Thank you guys; my only problem was the flimsy ordering form, again no offense! This is the same guy that restores (paints) old Leica, right? I heard about him; thank you again.

6. paulkbiba

paulkbiba Mu-43 Rookie

Well, I must admit I'm a bit nervous. I ordered one and never got any acknowledgment from him and I have no idea whether I'm in the first or second batch of production units. I checked with Paypal and they processed the order and charged my credit card, but there is no email address on his site so I have been unable contact him to see my status.

I've tried the email address listed with Paypal a couple of times to find out if, and when, my order will be shipped (or even if he knows that I ordered it), but no answer from him either. I suggest you wait and see whether any of us actually receives anything before you order.

He may be legit, but he certainly doesn't understand anything about customer service. I'm not sanguine about the end result.

7. sinjin

sinjin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    Hi Paul,

I suspect the website Robert (aka monza) set up was a "good enough" solution as it's early days for the adapter and he's not even able to keep up with word-of-mouth demand at the moment. If you ordered after April 15th you are in the second production run (shipping early May).

He (monza) is fairly responsive on the getDPI board (link above).

8. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    I ordered and my patience will be rewarded soon
    I hope. I already tried one of the "360 ring" style
    adapters from ebay at $139 and it works but
    stops and starts mid focus. I have hopes for
    Monza's new adapter......

9. next61

next61 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    When you get it, would you post your experience here?

10. next61

next61 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    When you get it, would you post your experience here?

11. richie15

richie15 Guest

I have ordered as well

12. richie15

richie15 Guest

"Any orders placed after April 15 at 2pm CDT will be filled in the second production run."

13. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    According to the latest, the vendor (Robert Monza) will be getting them in the next day or two.....so all of us waiting should see them next week. (fingers crossed).

14. next61

next61 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    OK, now you guys are confusing me some more; on PayPal address from the site that sells this adaptor is listed as Robert Jagitsch (http://contaxgm43.wordpress.com/) and you are referring to a... Robert Monza?
    "Mabelsound" confirmed this: "That's Robert Jagitsch, he's as trustworthy as they come. He's been working on this adapter for a long time...you should go for it".
    What it is? Monza or Jagitsch?

15. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Sorry for the confusion.....Robert's username on another forum is "monza".

R

16. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Robert can be a bit slow to respond but other than that I have only had excellent dealings with him and would not be concerned about anything. I'm also waiting for the adapter...

Stefan

17. next61

next61 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

18. grum

grum Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2010
    Does this adapter do something that the £40 ones on ebay don't? Must do I assume.

19. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    im waiting to hear the verdict on the adapter

20. next61

next61 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    Due to the size of the focusing wheel I think that it will be better than the ebay's version.
    It will do the same thing, I'm sure.