What do you do on your blog?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Chuck Pike, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    I took a one short course on how to blog at our local university, and then started a blog in my Photoshelter account. Most of the people come to my account searching the many different galleries I have, but the one common one most end up in is my gallery from my time in Vietnam, back in 1965. Every once in a while someone will comment, in a language I do not read. I ended up never posting them. Is that what most of you do? I don't believe that it would be wise to post something you don't even know what it is saying. I did add a comment of my own saying exactly that, if I can't read it, I won't post it.

Images for books, magazines and calendars | photosbypike

2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Before my interest in photography, I had a blog on torches and keychain gadgets. Sadly neglected now. Most photos were with canon s90

keychainpockets.blogspot.com

3. Google translate?

4. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    you replied to the wrong thread?

5. No, it was a response to this.

6. marcsitkin

marcsitkin Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Harwich, MA USA
    Marc Sitkin
    I have my blog on wordpress, and most comments so far have been filtered as spam by the askimet plugin.

I decided on separating my blog from photoshelter for two reasons:

1- I found that the SEO on photoshelter was very questionable, and have much better results from images posted on wordpress.

2- After moving off photoshelter onto zenfolio, I kept the wordpress site separate rather than using zenfolios blog page so if I parted ways, I'd still have my writings.

I do like the zenfolio site more than photoshelter, have had less unsolvable technical issues, and have cut my costs significantly.