1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

What do you do on your blog?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Chuck Pike, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    I took a one short course on how to blog at our local university, and then started a blog in my Photoshelter account. Most of the people come to my account searching the many different galleries I have, but the one common one most end up in is my gallery from my time in Vietnam, back in 1965. Every once in a while someone will comment, in a language I do not read. I ended up never posting them. Is that what most of you do? I don't believe that it would be wise to post something you don't even know what it is saying. I did add a comment of my own saying exactly that, if I can't read it, I won't post it.

Images for books, magazines and calendars | photosbypike

2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Before my interest in photography, I had a blog on torches and keychain gadgets. Sadly neglected now. Most photos were with canon s90

keychainpockets.blogspot.com

3. Google translate?

4. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    you replied to the wrong thread?

5. No, it was a response to this.

6. marcsitkin

marcsitkin Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Harwich, MA USA
    Marc Sitkin
    I have my blog on wordpress, and most comments so far have been filtered as spam by the askimet plugin.

I decided on separating my blog from photoshelter for two reasons:

1- I found that the SEO on photoshelter was very questionable, and have much better results from images posted on wordpress.

2- After moving off photoshelter onto zenfolio, I kept the wordpress site separate rather than using zenfolios blog page so if I parted ways, I'd still have my writings.

I do like the zenfolio site more than photoshelter, have had less unsolvable technical issues, and have cut my costs significantly.