what do you do first when you get your E-M1?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by kevinparis, Oct 2, 2013.

1. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. F/Stop

F/Stop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Brian Y.
    Haha nice! I tried out peaking yesterday with the PL 25. Yet to try with the 50mm 1.8 OM. She's got a nice lens!

3. kevinparis

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    thanks f/stop... she has many fine lenses.... as do I ....happy days ahead

K

4. curtisls87

curtisls87 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2010
    Los Gatos, CA, USA
    Curt Schimmels
    I have one on order, although my new MMF3 came last Friday. I'm looking forward to using that with my 4/3 lenses, as I have quite a few!

5. kevinparis

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    me too... that was the main reason for getting the e-m1 as I was more than happy with the e-m5.

though the VF is way better...

K

6. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    How is the focus peaking in the M1? More options to customise the peaking than in the P5?

7. kevinparis

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    no options i can see other than black or white for the blinkies.

I have assigned one of the front buttons to toggle it on and off, which seems to work well...If you have the screen set to show monochrome, it drops back to color for the focus peaking and back to the monochrome with a half press of the shutter.... still exploring this aspect, but the overall I am impressed with it at first look.

Travelling back from LA to Belgium today so I am looking forward to trying some of my other legacy lenses

k

8. F/Stop

F/Stop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Brian Y.
    I have manual focus button set to the top of the front buttons by the lens mount and focus peaking set to fn2. All can be hit with the right hand without removing the hand off of the grip and or far from the shutter / wheels

9. homerusan

homerusan Mu-43 Regular

Dec 25, 2012
    izmir, TURKEY
    i probably shot my foot or belly ^^

10. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    I'd be careful of a girlfriend with a taste for such expensive things

11. kevinparis

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    we have separate camera budgets... each spends their own money on what they feel is appropriate... no fights and everybody wins :)

K

12. lombardispot

lombardispot Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2013
    Started Taking Photos in the Car!

I picked up the camera in person at Keeble and Schuchat on Friday and I opened the box on the spot, put the battery in, sd-card and a 17 1.8. After some time in the store, I hopped in the car for the rush hour traffic ride from Palo Alto to South San Jose. At every stop light and at every free moment I was fiddling with the menus, taking photos of the shifter, the dash board, the traffic in front of me, cars to the side.

The next day I had a birthday party and an oktoberfest party to attend. I took many photos during the day, at night, etc.

It was a great start to using this camera. I'm still learning how to use all it's features. It's certainly a very fun camera.

13. curtisls87

curtisls87 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2010
    Los Gatos, CA, USA
    Curt Schimmels
    You got my hopes up, with this post, but a call to them, today, says they're out of the E-M1s, now. :frown:

I will have to wait, and hopefully, get mine from the order I have online, next week.