1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

What do u shoot?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

All of us love cameras and photography .We love to shoot but everyone has different fav subjects or themes. I love sunsets , beaches , flowers and recently started liking street photography . Whats about u?Please share ur passion about a particular subject or subjects .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 1
  2. Neon

Neon Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2012
    North Wales,UK.
    Well I'll have a go at anything really.Landscape used to be my thing but I have recently taken a liking to street photography although I find it difficult to get decent shots.This is one of the reasons I am getting a 4/3 camera as the size of my DSLR is not really suitable for street,public,candid work. I also enjoy taking shots indoors still life,portrait type images.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I shoot pictures!!!! I love people, but I'm a people person so it kinda fits.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

4. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    My Jack Russell Minnie was my main " focus " for the 6.5 years of her precious life. Since her passing 2 years ago I love macro...flowers, also live music gigs, and landscape of my camping trips..I also love buildings and bridges.

5. bluebubbleboy

bluebubbleboy Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2011
    Colorado
    I like taking my small m4/3 setup on backpacking trips for landscape photos. And, I've got three small kids, so they get a lot of time in front of the lens. :smile:

6. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    I love taking pictures of animals and plants...I find people move too much. ;)

34j7gb4.

7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Product and Fashion.

I enjoy Product photography because I love to take my time to perfect my shot exactly as I envision it. I enjoy Fashion photography because I love the excitement of interacting with people to create my vision through team collaboration.

souvenir2_web.
    ashly_miss_tmc2.

8. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    I shoot people. With guns...flash guns...

9. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    most often people

I shot for a small town newspaper for over 10 years, and learned to shoot people head on. Now that I am retired, I try to get to uptown Charlotte a bunch. I started a gallery called Charlotte Smiles, and when I have the chance to add a shot I do. Just yesterday I was walking down the street, and there was this hostess standing on the sidewalk. She had been talking to a person walking down the street, and as he walked away, I asked if I could take her picture. I told her about my gallery, and I gave her my business card with info on how to reach the gallery. I also shot one of a food vendor during the same walk around town. Over all of those years I shot for the paper, I did much the same thing.

I am not as worried about selling my work (it is really harder to do today) so I am shooting those things that I like. That means I mostly shoot people doing something. That can be an ice breaker as well. If you don't feel as if you can just shot away on the street, ask a person if you can shoot what they are doing. Just stay out of the way of that hot dog vendor, and every so often buy a dog from him. Besides you end up making some new friends at the same time you get your picture.

Images for books, magazines and calendars | photosbypike

10. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    Mainly BMX and Moutain Bike stuff, but i do branch into other areas. I love me some Bokeh and i can be a bit of an addict to it :D

11. brianb032

brianb032 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2011
    N.Carolina
    Friends, family, daily life, and travel. I used to shoot lots of street photography, but none of it was emotionally satisfying so I just quit.

12. speltrong

speltrong Mu-43 Veteran

May 8, 2011
    Northern California
    I love (ultra)wide architectural, macro and closeup, geometric patterns and techy stuff, abstract street and travel photography.

I usually avoid shooting people, flowers, nature (other than abstract macro), situations where I need a flash, natural landscapes and people's %&$ing weddings :) Needless to say, this is purely a hobby and I don't ever intend to make money from it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    I would say "street photography" but to me it's a blanket term, and not quite specific to what I like.

I'm into shooting candids of people in all situations. Even if they notice me with the camera and react. I enjoy the beauty in that reaction, as it reveals a bit about the person's personality (shy, reserved, confident whatever...), but i also get to reflect on how much my presence (w/ a camera) imposes on them at that moment in time.

Regardless of how "candid" that really is, to me it's still a very personal and human interaction.

14. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Oh yeah... there is one other thing I love to shoot which I forgot to include... Pets and Animals. Animals are my life outside of photography. :)

russel_holmes_web.
    little_lizard_web.
    little_lizzy_and_devil_rusty.

• Like Like x 2
  15. foxtail1

foxtail1 Science geek & photo nut

Dec 30, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Kristi
    Nature shots, primarily. Macro and colors. Wildlife, when it holds still long enough. Travel shots (trying to find angles that can't be seen on every postcard).

Looking through the food pictures here though, makes me want to shoot food.

What don't I shoot? People. Occasionally a person will wander into one of my pictures, but it's never intentional on my part.

16. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    I don't do people either.....

17. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mostly nature, sunsets, sunrises during that time of year when the sun gets up later than I do, some buildings and structures, and the occasional signs that strike me as funny, bizarre, stupid or whatever.

I rarely shoot people. Though I enjoy looking at good street photography and regularly think of trying it, I always feel uncomfortable shooting people. When I have tried it, I always seem to shoot from too far away and end up deleting the shots. I really only have one "street photo", a shot of an ibis freeloading in an open air restaurant where the ibis is the subject and the couple of diners behind it are basically supporting actors.

18. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    I shoot anything, anyone, anywhere, any way, shape and/or form. My cameras, either my EPL1, my P&S, my phone or GoPro... One of them is always on me... Actually, all of them are at this moment :smile:

19. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Everything !

I'm only a year into this photography gig and haven't developed a particular style or subject preference yet so I shoot whatever, whenever.

I have a very strong passion ( obsession ) for snowboarding and see myself going back to that with every season.

I have a developing interest in other things too....urban fragments, those little items or objects that most pass yet barely notice during the 9 to 5. And much to my surprise, I NEVER would have guessed but I am also drawn to what many call 'minimalism'....but not on the extreme end.

Still learning and still discovering exactly what it is that I like. It's fun trying to find out :)

20. I like to stick to a documentary style, be it broader urban landscapes, street-level, or close-up details. I love looking back at images from years or decades ago and seeing what the people and places looked like back then compared to now, and hope to be able to do the same with my own images as time goes by.

From a purely visual point-of-view I just like composition; taking what you see before you and placing a rectangular frame within that scene where everything in it works just so. Doesn't always happen of course, but it's something to strive for.