What did your 12-35 or 12-40 f2.8 replace in your bag?

Cederic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I used to shoot virtually everything with P14, P20 or O45 (but majority with P20.)

Since getting the O12-40 I shoot mostly with that, occasionally the P20, rarely the O45, and never the P14 (which I have just sold).
For me it was the O12 rather than the P14 but otherwise, same situation here. Three very good lenses replaced by one very flexible one - that's also very good.

Between the O12-40 and the P100-300 (which remains the only lightweight small option for that long a focal length, let alone in a zoom) you can travel the world and always have the right option available.

(I did)

JensM

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
As screename
Standard zooms line of "maturing" for me: 12-32, 12-35 PL12-60. Mind you, I have kept the progressions, and still use all of them, but I normally defaults to the PL12-60. For any normal "photographic" day, I can go out with just that and run that and seldom be let down.

I do have a planned regression which I will put through the wringer, and that is a GX1 that I got in the mail today and the 12-32, its a size thing as well as being something I think of as a EDC clunker camera.

Last edited:

nardoleo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Leo
my olympus 12-40 lens replaced my 12mm f2 prime. i like that prime alot...but really didnt see a good reason to use both for the stuff i shoot.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom