1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What comes with the Formatt Hitech filter holder?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Brownie, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Brownie

Brownie Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2018
    SE Michigan
    Just received an 85mm filter holder from the "A" store. The box is a little beat up and has some tears, it looks like it's been opened.

The holder is assembled and the adaptor ring is installed. There are 3 slots for filters. There is a smaller bag with 2 spare long screws, 6 short screws, and 2 spare thumb nuts.

There is no paperwork.

It looks to be in perfect condition, just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Thanks.

2. The Grumpy Snapper

The Grumpy Snapper Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 9, 2017
    That sounds correct. Mine has been set up with two slots since I got it. I shortened 4 of the long screws to the length needed for two slots. I also reversed the screws so that the countersunk heads were at the front of the holder and the thumb nuts facing the camera.

3. Brownie

Sep 3, 2018
    SE Michigan
    Thanks.

So there is no paperwork?

4. The Grumpy Snapper

The Grumpy Snapper Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 9, 2017
    I don't remember there being any paperwork. Given that it's simply a filter holder I wouldn't have thought paperwork would serve any purpose.

5. Julia

Julia Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Dresden, Germany
    I don't remember any paperwork in mine, either. Just the holder with the screws.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. Brownie

Sep 3, 2018
    SE Michigan
    Sometimes they include warranty information, etc. I have had a run of bad luck with "A" and am at a point I will accept nothing less than perfect. Today I am returning another item which makes it three in a row. A tripod, a bad battery, and a flash trigger. If I'm buying a new item I expect it to be new and in working order. The item going back today has clearly been returned at least once before, and probably for the same reason, it doesn't work. Yet they return it to stock and sell it again.

It appears that the closer they get to conquering the world the more their quality suffers. At least their customer service has been (so far ) responsive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.