What case for your E-PL1?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by FaradayCage, May 1, 2010.

1. FaradayCage

FaradayCage Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    Anyone have suggestions about a dedicated camera case for the E-PL1? Straps too?

2. dannat

dannat Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    i am wondering about this also, have just bid on a cheap black leather case on evilbay- with the look & feel of the camera not using leather would be a shame i reckon - there are plenty of optons of auction sites.
    Olympus don't seem to make there cheaper leather case for it anymore -the everready

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Are you talking about form fitting cases for just the camera and the attached lens - I've seen a few pop up on ebay that look pretty nice, some that fit with the pancake lens and some with the kit zoom. If you're talking about something larger, to carry the camera, a couple of lenses, and some accessories, the possibilities are endless! But depending on what you want to carry in it, I'm sure folks could provide some suggestions. Straps - depends on what kind of strap you like, but again the possibilities are roughly endless.

-Ray

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I have an E-P2 and love my Aki-Asahi hand made case and Gordy strap. Not sure about cases for the PL1.

[​IMG]

5. FaradayCage

Apr 22, 2010
    I've seen those... but I don't think Aki makes one for the E-PL1! Of course, it would be nice to have an E-P2 as well... I like the Gordy strap, especially his wrist straps. I hope Aki makes a form-fitting case for the E-PL1 soon. I'm looking for such a case rather than a generic camera bag.

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Can't help you on the case, even though I have the E-PL1 I just carry it on its own or in my camera bag. As for straps, however, that's another story. Please read this thread: https://www.mu-43.com/f67/straps-451/:biggrin:

7. FaradayCage

Apr 22, 2010
  8. Lance

Lance New to Mu-43

May 2, 2010
    NYC
    Actually, Aki Asahi does make a case for the E-PL1. It's listed on the Japanese website, but for some reason, it's not available on their "English" storefront.

See here:
    http://aki-asahi.com/store/html/E-PL1/case/E-PL1_case.htm

I think the leather color is just gorgeous.

I prefer to keep my E-PL1 as light and trim as possible, but this one would be at the top of my list if I were in the market for a case.

• Like Like x 2