What car brand you drive? POLL

Julia

Mu-43 Top Veteran
That's a sweet looking hatch! What are the specs? ;)

Oh dear, specs? It does have four wheels and one inside to steer... :D 88kw = 120PS (horsepower in English, I think) The dealer told me it's a BMW motor, which I don't care about as long as it's working and not too loud. It's a C4 120 VTI Selection. It has those beeping thingies in the rear and front so tight parking spaces should no longer be a problem - yay! And of course cruise control, rain sensors, light sensors, heated front seat and other fancy stuff I have no idea about. But it's a very sweet deal :)

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Real Name
call me Arg
I just signed the papers for my very first own car! I'm so excited, I'm still running around in circles, flapping my arms, and giggling like crazy! :yahoo: It's a 2013 Citroen C4 with just 21K km. The dealership is awesome, and they are throwing in a free inspection (they are mandatory in Germany every 2 years and cost at least 250 Euros, more if they find anything that needs to be fixed), winter tires, etc. I can take him home next Wednesday which gives me enough time to get all the insurance stuff done.

I better start reading the manual ...

View attachment 521419
Better make a space in the bed for him....

Julia

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Better make a space in the bed for him....

I'm preparing the bed for him in our underground parking garage :) Making everything tidy and shiny so he'll feel right at home there. He might stay there longer than I might like, though, because with the rental car (about the same size) it took me 10 minutes to figure out how to get OUT again (and lots of swearing and headbanging against the wheel) :D It's a very sharp turn in confined space, and at some point that door comes down again, so I need to practice...

griffljg

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Larry Griffiths
Just got one a few weeks ago. It's the wife's car, but I've put a lot more miles on it than her.

View attachment 521284
EM129242-1 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

View attachment 521285
EM129264-1 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

Another convert! I hope that you'll be as impressed with yours as I am with mine. Great for long distance cruising, but also quite competent in places where most people would use a full 4x4.

33446703752_7d604d8502_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

kimo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
kimo
Another convert! I hope that you'll be as impressed with yours as I am with mine. Great for long distance cruising, but also quite competent in places where most people would use a full 4x4.

No doubt about its capabilities. I'm on my second Forester - first a 2008, and now a 2013 XT. I put on all-terrain tires to improve its off-highway ability and give peace of mind and confidence. I've taken mine to places that 4x4's go. Once I pulled up next to a Jeep club high in the mountains and received a round of applause. It's a fun and sporty vehicle to drive and remarkably capable.

Here she is parked at one of our favorite campsites.

P6040164.jpg

Last edited:

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron
We have had 4 Subarus - all Impreza versions (early Foresters were also an Impreza in a different body, not sure if this is still true today).

3 of the lot were my wife's cars - I used to take them rallycrossing - which was tons of fun and a lot different than track-racing. When she got her 3rd one - she was tired of having me bring her car back super-dirty and muddy, so she had it off-limits. I was not too upset as that generation (2008) lost the sporty suspension that the earlier ones had - and I liked the first generation the best anyway (400-500 lbs lighter) so I bought my own, a 2001 RS (the holy grail for rallycross action).

When we moved to Marin county - city ordinance did not allow parking on the street - and we had space for only 4 cars (2 in the garage, 2 in the driveway), so the RS had to go. I still miss it.

Unfortunately, Subarus of the EJ engine generation had head-gaskets issues that could develop quickly with no warning - leading to oil loss, and since the 2008 did not have an idiot light for oil and the car just had it's oil changed a short while ago - when it's head-gasket went away the engine blew up, my wife took this as an omen and got an electric car.

An old image of my old 2001 RS. I think I can see my wife's reasoning for keeping me away from her car.

100_4849.jpg

Mu-43 All-Pro
A lot of Subaru's here. My wife has a 2015 Forester XT Turbo, a really fun car to take road trips in. I got my first Legacy Outback in 98, then we had an imprezza and this is our second Forester. Perfect for a car you drive in the snow. And the plenty of room for the dogs.

I have a 2016 Wrangler Willy's Wheeler.
View attachment 521720

Real Name
Andrew L
A lot of Subaru's here. My wife has a 2015 Forester XT Turbo, a really fun car to take road trips in. I got my first Legacy Outback in 98, then we had an imprezza and this is our second Forester. Perfect for a car you drive in the snow. And the plenty of room for the dogs.

I have a 2016 Wrangler Willy's Wheeler.
View attachment 521720
AKA a real Jeep. ;)

I'm considering a Renegade when I replace the Liberty. They seem like a cheap and cheerful way to get a small turbo manual in 4x4 form, which sounds appealing to me!

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron
AKA a real Jeep. ;)

I'm considering a Renegade when I replace the Liberty. They seem like a cheap and cheerful way to get a small turbo manual in 4x4 form, which sounds appealing to me!

I looked at one - the rear seat is a torture chamber even by Jeep standards - and having a Jeep manufactured by Fiat is worrying on a whole new level...

They do drive very nice in the Trailhawk version however.

Real Name
Andrew L
I looked at one - the rear seat is a torture chamber even by Jeep standards - and having a Jeep manufactured by Fiat is worrying on a whole new level...

They do drive very nice in the Trailhawk version however.
No kids, so we don't really need rear seats most of the time. I like the higher ride height of the trailhawk, but that one only comes with an automatic transmission, and an infamously bad one at that.

I may test drive one and see what I make of it; it has gotten pretty high marks for off road capabilities considering its Fiat car origins.

CWRailman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Denny
Me and my 1994 Corvette in Sedona, Arizona. When I relocated to Arizona many years ago everyone told me the only way to see Arizona was in a convertible so I bought one then and have always had at least one in my garage.
Den Corvette downsized.jpg

Web-Betty

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Melissa
I just signed the papers for my very first own car! I'm so excited, I'm still running around in circles, flapping my arms, and giggling like crazy! :yahoo: It's a 2013 Citroen C4 with just 21K km. The dealership is awesome, and they are throwing in a free inspection (they are mandatory in Germany every 2 years and cost at least 250 Euros, more if they find anything that needs to be fixed), winter tires, etc. I can take him home next Wednesday which gives me enough time to get all the insurance stuff done.

I better start reading the manual ...

View attachment 521419

You answered my question and already posted in this thread. :laugh1: Congrats on your first car. She's a beauty!

SVQuant

Shooting by numbers
Real Name
Sameer
We are a long time Volkswagen family. But this Passat TDI is headed back to the dealer in the next couple of weeks thanks to the emissions cheating scandal. Not sure we will get another VW at this point.
P4060079.JPG

SVQuant

Shooting by numbers
Real Name
Sameer
Must admit to also having owned a few VWs in my lifetime and have been very happy with them. What's wrong with yours?
Loved owning them for the most part. It's a diesel and is being bought back by VW as part of the whole emissions cheating scandal. As a long term owner, I feel incredibly poorly about how they did the whole thing.

Latest threads

Top Bottom