What car brand you drive? POLL

melanie.ylang

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I guess it’s still a better name than the Mazda Laputa (ask any Spanish speaker what that means)
Ah, it appears Laputa is a name better written than said aloud, where the space after la becomes lost! We also drive a Mitsubishi Pajero, which similarly causes mirth to the Spanish-speakers. I wonder if the naming department in Japan took on a Spanish name checker?!
OI000057-03.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ivoire

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
mike
Sport mode is good for surprising other motorists at traffic lights.

Battery performance is adversely affected by low temperatures.

About 55mpg in the winter, but up to 80mpg in the summer.

Our gallons are bigger than your gallons though :)
agree

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
Ah, it appears Laputa is a name better written than said aloud, where the space after la becomes lost! We also drive a Mitsubishi Pajero, which similarly causes mirth to the Spanish-speakers. I wonder if the naming department in Japan took on a Spanish name checker?!
View attachment 848382
Yup, that’s another one! Pajero is a little to close to Panjero! You would think they’d learn by now, but the new Hyundai Kona apparently is rebadged in Portuguese speaking countries for similar issues.

Juggernaut

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Larry
Current car is Mazda CX-5 flagship 2015 edition, the previous one was Peugeot 307 hatchback MT/1.6L 2008 edition.
In China the most popular car brands are Volkswagen, Buick, Honda, Toyota, Mercedes, BMW.

moonraker

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Nigel
Mazda mx5 RF, three years in and still grinning..
25832269308_ebb7d4496a_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

turbodieselvw

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I drive a Hyundai Tuscon, just the base model. I don't even know why i have a car as it will be 3 yrs old in 3 months and it still has under 16000 km on it

Real Name
Chris
We have a Chevy Bolt that we love and drive the most. We have had an electric of some type since 2014 and will always have at least one in the fleet from now on.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
How do you like it? Newer Compass model?
Bought it new in October 2018, Built in 2018, so I guess the 2018 model. (Newer model, not older. Actually i think they call it the 2019 model.)
It has the 1.4Liter Twin Turbo engine, about 170 HP, it is the biggest we get in Sweden if you don't want a diesel.
The engine is responsive and has enough power for me.
It drives good and I like it a lot.
The automatic transition works well, OK it does not have 4x4 low but I don't need that, no rock crawling for me.
It is smaller than the Cherokee (about 10 cm in all dimensions), but for me it works well.
I can actually sit behind myself if I move the front chair a slot or 2 forward, still OK in the front seat and enough room for my knees in the back.

We have had some snow the last week so I have used the Snow setting for the 4x4, it locks in the 4 wheel drive and I think it works great.
I have provoked it a bit and gotten in to a couple of skids, but it is easily recoverable. (I do slow down when it snows but still like to press on the gas a bit when cornering.)

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
As an owner of a lowly Ford B-Max, I'm always in awe of all these people with beautiful sports cars and wonder how they can afford them.

Then I look out of my window and see I have a 50 grand motorhome sat on the drive. :rolleyes:

slmoore

Mu-43 Regular
We have a Chevy Bolt that we love and drive the most. We have had an electric of some type since 2014 and will always have at least one in the fleet from now on.
Nissan Leaf driver here. My first EV, had it for 3 years now. Makes a great commuter car but doesn't have the range of Bolt to be an only car for a family.

Latest threads

Top Bottom