What are your favorite LR commercial presets?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Speedliner, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    HI folks,

I'm looking to speed things up. Time is proving way too short to learn to photograph and learn the tools, etc... I still want to learn, but there are things that can be done with LR and PS that will take me years.

So, I was wondering if there are LR presets that some of you have found especially good in capabilities. The SLRLounge presets look very good, but maybe they're as time consuming to learn ad LR itself. Maybe some are better with OM-D RAW files than other...

Looking for input. I'm sure there are some losers and some winners out there.

2. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Not using an OMD, but have been using the SLR Lounge presets for a few iterations now. I enjoy them for quick edits, or to get a feel of where things are going. Honestly though, I think I prefer the previous version to the current (V6 over 2015 version). I do find them to be a bit heavy handed in the sharpening department, which is easy to correct.

I'd also suggest taking a look at things like Nik Software and MacPhun plugins. Though not as fast as presets, you get a bit more bang for your buck with plugins imo.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. Bruce McL

Bruce McL Mu-43 Veteran

These high contrast and "HDR" presets are interesting. There are more on this website. Sometimes I apply these B&W presets and then select color.
    Lightroom Presets - Black and White Tonal Contrast Effect - Lightroom Killer Tips

An interesting set of vintage film presets here. When I'm in that kind of mood, these work for me.
    Past Photographic Processes and Free Huge Set of Vintage Film Lightroom Presets!

And last but not least, an exhaustive set of Kodachrome presets:
    In Memoriam - Kodachrome (1935 – 2010) - XEQUALS - Learn. Create. Dominate.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    I agree with @Repp@Repp , the film emulations on Silver Effects Pro and Tonality Pro are not bad at all.