What are your favorite Alien Skin Exposure films

imahawki

Mu-43 Veteran
I've got a few days left in my trial and I've played with a few that I liked but am not 100% sold yet. I though I'd solicit some on favorite filters from this software. I've developed some of my own cross processing and vintage film "looks" in lightroom and there are a lot of presets available out there. I find I generally prefer more subtle looks and I feel like some of the Alien Skin stuff is a little over cooked to try to make the look more obvious. What do you like?

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
I've got a few days left in my trial and I've played with a few that I liked but am not 100% sold yet. I though I'd solicit some on favorite filters from this software. I've developed some of my own cross processing and vintage film "looks" in lightroom and there are a lot of presets available out there. I find I generally prefer more subtle looks and I feel like some of the Alien Skin stuff is a little over cooked to try to make the look more obvious. What do you like?

I bought Exposure 6 a month or two ago when they were running a special on it. I already played with Bokeh 2, which I found to be a fantastic and simple to use tool for creating a shallower DoF when using my Canon S110 point-n-shoot or my m43 gear. The various film-look color treatment as well as other "tweaks" that could be done in the software was icing on the cake for me. I'm extremely happy with my purchase, and it integrates very well with LR & PSE.

If you have the money to spend, I say go for it (you may want to wait to see if they will do any sort of sale around Black Friday to possibly save some money).

OldRadioGuy

Enthusiast Amateur
Real Name
Bob
Alien Skin Exposure is now in version 7. I am a fan of old B&W film, so I tend to use several of the Exposure presets in the B&W categories often (or I sometimes go with Topaz B&W Effects Pro 2). As far as the overcooked problem, there's a slider in version 7 for dialing down the intensity. A lot of third-party plugins tend to have that feature these days.

Latest threads

Top Bottom