What are you reading?

Trigeek

Mu-43 Regular
Pity the Nation: The abduction of Lebanon by Robert Fisk. First few chapters were a bit rough... lots of characters to take in, but then is a book I can't put down.

Grant

Mu-43 Veteran
"Diamonds are Forever" by Ian Fleming. In fact rereading all of his books in order of publication. This is number five.

Ya they are hooky rereads but h*ll I am but this time I can legally drink a martin while i read them.

Exposed

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Randy dawson
True Grit by Charles Portis. Having seen both the John Wayne and the new version, I want to see what the original book is like.

noelh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Bayview Township, SouthShore of Lake Superior
Finishing "To Steal A Kingdom, Probing Hawaiian History", by Michael Dougherty. Recommend read if interested in Hawai'i history, the overthrow of the Monarchy & the acquisition of the Islands.

Starting to read the un-bowdlerized text of "The Beach of Falesa", Robert Louis Stevenson.

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Struggling through China Mievilles 'Embassytown' and sneaking in a re-read of China Mievilles 'Scar' which is a much more enjoyable ready.

I have Geoff Dyers 'Jeff in Venice, Death in Varanasi' in the wings.

hanzo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Chan
Just finished Orhan Pamuk's Museum of Innocence and Sproul's Book of Acts exposition. Both are great read. Now thinking whether to get Last Crusaders by Barnaby Rogerson or The Greater Journey by David McCullough

43hk

Mu-43 Veteran
Bad Science by Ben Goldacre.
Just getting to the bit where he takes "Dr" Gillian McKeith "PhD" apart.

I'm a firm advocate of scientific understanding, with politics and the media dominated by the technically clueless, this book is fresh air.

I'm an arts graduate.:smile:

Phil B

Mu-43 Regular
I keep dipping into 'The E-PL1 for Dummies' as I need to. The Underwater Photographer by Martin Edge, and other underwater books ( looking at photos and general info )

Rick Waldroup

Mu-43 Top Veteran
A novel that has been out since 2005 that I am just now getting around to reading, Until I Find You by John Irving.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
"The Perfect Vehicle" by Melissa Holbrook Pierson. English major does motorcycles. Her love life issues get old, but much of the book is very well done.

baggie

New to Mu-43
Just finished "The Book Thief" which was hard to get into as it is narrated by Death.
About to start "Redbreast" by Jo Nesbo on the assumption that will be as good as Stig Larssons trilogy

lillefot

Mu-43 Regular
Just finished "The Book Thief" which was hard to get into as it is narrated by Death.
About to start "Redbreast" by Jo Nesbo on the assumption that will be as good as Stig Larssons trilogy

Being a Norwegian, I just love Jo Nesbø's books. I think they are better than Stig Larsson's books.

"Redbreast" is my favourite, I read it in one sitting. I have just finished Jo Nesbø's last book, "Ghost" which came out in Norway one week ago. It was so good I am suffering from a "post-Nesbø-book-depression"-syndrome, and not able to start on any other book yet. :wink:

lstzephyr

Mu-43 Regular
"The Perfect Vehicle" by Melissa Holbrook Pierson. English major does motorcycles. Her love life issues get old, but much of the book is very well done.

I read that book a while ago. I liked it.

I'm reading Carlos Eyles's The Blue Edge, I just finished his book The last of the blue water hunters. Awesome books!

xanaduflipper

Mu-43 Regular
Reading a book called 'New York Deco' which is all about art deco architecture in the 1920s/30s.

Also have Olympus Pen E-PL1 for Dummies on the go! :D

angloasturian

Mu-43 Veteran
Just finished 'World War 1939 - 45' by Peter Young. Only a potted history but well written and easy to follow. Not like Churchill's 12 - volume masterpiece, which I have and doubt I will reread. Time to start thinking about light summer reading - back to old favourites like 'Catch 22, Roald Dahl's stories, Robert B. Parker's Spencer novels and possibly Len Deighton's three Bernard Samson trilogies (Game, Set, Match, Hook, Line, Sinker and Faith, Hope and Charity).
I've just bought a Kindle eBook reader from Amazon UK but won't have it till I go 'home' on the 24th July. It's supposed to be fantastic (customer reviews raved about it). Downloading the eBook is cheaper than the paperback and there are around 5,000 classics available free! Can't wait to try it out.

Latest threads

Top Bottom