What are you looking for in an OM-D E-M1 III

Jeffcs

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I’m kind of put off by some of the negative comments I’m no about a year into Olympus and have none of the issues stated above maybe those are the few vs the good nothing built is perfect there are going to be products that fail for one reason or another I’ve had nothing but great gear I don’t baby my stuff I shoot in all weather as the shot is more important than protecting the camera

A

aruba3h

When oly gets their tracking and continuous focus ducks in line call me. I love the oly for many reasons and own 2 em 1's. But shooting anything moving at more than 10 mph is dreadful. I own a d500 and when I need that special pix I don't take chances---its my real go to camera.

Scottboarding

Mu-43 Regular
As far as pushing the sensor goes, using BSI tech would probably help greatly. The Nikon D850 has a pixel size of 18.84 um, and the Olympus E-M1 II has a pixel size of 11.02 um. The DXO score of high ISO for the D850 is 2660, and the E-M1 1312. The D850 is double the score in high ISO, and the pixel size is 1.7 times as large. So the D850 has about double the pixel size, and double the high ISO score over the E-M1ii. However, the E-M1ii has a standard Live MOS sensor; using BSI technology would probably close the gap by a decent size. It wouldn't match it, but the BSI is greatly helpful for lowlight and DR, and could really take the M43 system to the next level.

MFTmaster

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rick V
God ........Please NO Joy Stix
I hate them no reason for one with touchscreen

Would like better Low Light performance

Everything else is fine IMO

EM1 MKII is a beast and coming from a canon 70D
I'll stay with me OLY EM1 MKII for the next 4 years and be just fine

Product shots, Portraiture, Ice Racing and Sand Dunes just to name a few
This thing Rocks

50orsohours

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
When oly gets their tracking and continuous focus ducks in line call me. I love the oly for many reasons and own 2 em 1's. But shooting anything moving at more than 10 mph is dreadful. I own a d500 and when I need that special pix I don't take chances---its my real go to camera.

In that case, the fault maybe with the operator.

Latest threads

Top Bottom