What are you listening to?

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro
If you have built your own turntable it should be unique!
Please show and tell us about it!
(Maybe in a new thread with a link here?)
I shall start a thread in the next couple of day of DIY audio gear, have to get photos of the stuff first.

mumu

Mu-43 All-Pro
I've been watching and listening to a lot of Sleaford Mods. I love this video in particular because it conveys the raucous fun of a loud, rollicking band in a small venue. Of course, "band" might be the wrong word. It's just the singer and his music guy who presses the space bar on his laptop to start the track and then grooves to the music while drinking a beer. I also love the fact that there are people in the audience/mob who look like they're the same age as me. ;-)

The duo, Jason Williamson and Andrew Fearn, are both about 50 yrs old but they're channeling the wild energy and social commentary from the '70's punk scene.

Here's the song again w/o the crowd participation:

doady

Mu-43 All-Pro
@jimi.pdx posted a 60s song in the 40-150mm F4 thread, and it made me think what are my favourite 60s music. I didn't even buy my first CD until 1996 (Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness), so obviously 60s is way before my time, so I heard only heard a few artists so far, but these have been the starting point for me:

I remember downloading Joy Division's live cover of "Sister Ray" from Audiogalaxy way back in the day. That's how I discovered The Velvet Underground. I remember thinking "WTF is the Velvet Underground?" like I thought it was the name of the venue or something. Of course, now they are one of my favourite bands.

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
The '60s were an interesting decade for music. In so many genres, the sounds of the music that was made in 1969 was a LONG way from the sounds coming into the decade -- perhaps moreso than in any decade before or since.

A few of my personal 60s faves:

- K

GBarrington

Mu-43 All-Pro
I bought a Como Audio Musica last January (cost as much as an E-M10 IV). Totally worth it. It is, without question, the best internet radio/personal audio device I have ever heard.

I've been listening to the soundtrack CD of the greatest Rock movie ever made, "The Commitments" a lot lately. "Mustang Sally" is breathtaking.

I also signed up for Calm Radio yesterday, a streaming service out of Canada. Not just "New Age" BS, but BS of every genre. I really like it so far, music of every sort and audio books as well.

Papos, American Roots, and Musica-rsz.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Saw these guys mentioned by Bob Mould (Husker Du, Sugar etc) on his Ameoba 'Whats in my bag?' segment. Love it when hardcore bands explore the higher frequencies...

Latest threads

Top Bottom