What are you listening to?

Keeth101

Mu-43 All-Pro
I know that for the purists, Led Zeppelin's version is the best ...... but for those who like drums and like to rock it, this version is awesome.
Give it a chance and have a listen .... and wait for it to start building to the crescendo ....

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Hellstorm.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Italian Thrash Death Zombie Metal.
Absolutely guaranteed to wake you up!

Last edited:

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
It only took 26 years for her to release on vinyl the 25th anniversary edition of Pieces of You (and it showed up today). It’s probably been that long since I listened to it in full...what a mistake that’s been. I’m surprisingly moved.
2974044A-D88C-45EF-B74D-3A693B10A8A4.jpeg

Keeth101

Mu-43 All-Pro
I didn't realize how hard it was to pick a favourite ELO song, there are so many great ones to choose from. I love 'Midnight Blue' but chose this one to start with -

Do you have a favourite ELO song?

Last edited:

chicks

Mu-43 All-Pro
P1289748.jpg

Keeth101

Mu-43 All-Pro
10CC. One of the best bands ever to produce music and their lyrics are unbelievable.
Here is their longest track (11.5 mins), brought together from two unfinished songs which they merged and made this amazing track.
This is my absolute favourite 10CC track of all time. Give your ears a treat, sit back and enjoy, you will definitely 'Feel The Benefit'.

And, yes, the track really does finish exactly like that, strange as it seems.

Last edited:

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
10CC. One of the best bands ever to produce music and their lyrics are unbelievable.
Here is their longest track (11.5 mins), brought together from two unfinished songs which they merged and made this amazing track.
This is my absolute favourite 10CC track of all time. Give your ears a treat, sit back and enjoy, you will definitely 'Feel The Benefit'.

And, yes, the track really does finish exactly like that, strange as it seems.

Nice reminder of a great band, though sadly I can't listen to it - being almost totally deaf.
I had all their albums and agree that their lyrics were amazing.
I saw them live at Liverpool's Empire theatre when they were touring their new "Original Soundtrack" album - superb.

Weirdly, one of my favourite tracks was "Old Wild Men" from Sheet Music.
Although it's referring to musicians, I reckon it's pertinent to us photographers. :rolleyes:

turbodieselvw

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Martin Taylor's 2002 Solo
1614777903897.png

Keeth101

Mu-43 All-Pro
Nice reminder of a great band, though sadly I can't listen to it - being almost totally deaf.
I had all their albums and agree that their lyrics were amazing.
I saw them live at Liverpool's Empire theatre when they were touring their new "Original Soundtrack" album - superb.

Weirdly, one of my favourite tracks was "Old Wild Men" from Sheet Music.
Although it's referring to musicians, I reckon it's pertinent to us photographers. :rolleyes:

I feel for you my friend, I have hearing aids but I can still appreciate music using good quality earphones/plugs when listening on the PC or my MP3 player or my aids when watching TV, especially when I put concert DVD's on.
I have a couple of 10CC concert DVD's which are excellent and all of their early albums. Must admit that Sheet Music is one which I haven't given much of a chance so I'll give it another go and listen out for Old Wild Men.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
I feel for you my friend, I have hearing aids but I can still appreciate music using good quality earphones/plugs when listening on the PC or my MP3 player or my aids when watching TV, especially when I put concert DVD's on.
I have a couple of 10CC concert DVD's which are excellent and all of their early albums. Must admit that Sheet Music is one which I haven't given much of a chance so I'll give it another go and listen out for Old Wild Men.
Cheers Keith,
I've tried everything to try and continue enjoying music but nothing works.
My hearing aids cost three and a half grand and are brilliant with speech, but even with the specially-programmed music setting I cannot identify vocalists or instruments and half the time I don't even know what piece of music I'm listening to.
That's why all my lovely hi-fi gear got sold, including my precious vinyl collected over 45 years. :(
Recently, out of desperation, I tried experimenting with some CD's I'd kept, putting them through some good gear I have left.
The only thing I enjoyed was some great folk music from John Kirkpatrick. His accordion playing and clear voice managed to tickle the old brain cells into some semblance of recognition and pleasure.
So, as I often say to other people, look after your lug'oles folks.

Latest threads

Top Bottom