What are you listening to?

Keeth101

Mu-43 All-Pro
Another beautiful ballad from the Alan Parsons Project, this is 'Time' taken from the live in Colombia concert (well worth watching).

Last edited:

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
Just got the new vinyl in of Tea for the Tillerman 2. I guess I thought it was going to be more of a straight remake vs a reimagining, so I’m not sure where I fall yet -

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Just got the new vinyl in of Tea for the Tillerman 2. I guess I thought it was going to be more of a straight remake vs a reimagining, so I’m not sure where I fall yet -

Huh, and here I thought the album was all new material, but in the style of the original. Sounds more like one of those tribute albums by a collection of artist fans, which I might prefer? The original was one of my very first albums and I played it to death.

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
The original was one of my very first albums and I played it to death.
Then i think you’re the target audience for the new album. I have the original, but never played it often, as it’s in terrible shape (someone else played it to death before I got it). But I don’t have that emotional connection to the first one, so I sit here and wonder what the hell he did to songs like Wild World, while you enjoy how it’s developed over the years. I will say there are some songs much more close to the original, and sound great just with the age in his voice now.

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Then i think you’re the target audience for the new album. I have the original, but never played it often, as it’s in terrible shape (someone else played it to death before I got it). But I don’t have that emotional connection to the first one, so I sit here and wonder what the hell he did to songs like Wild World, while you enjoy how it’s developed over the years. I will say there are some songs much more close to the original, and sound great just with the age in his voice now.

Yeah, I do have that emotional connection, which is why I think I'd prefer it if other people covered the tunes on the album. It's easier for me to accept alternative takes from others, I guess. For me, Tea for the Tillerman was such a unique, original sound and approach that didn't need reimagining, and new songs in that vein would've been interesting to me (but maybe not to him!). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom