What are you listening to?

Keeth101

Mu-43 Top Veteran
And a slightly longer, and even better, story. Their lyrics are superb, just listen to how they tell the story

Last edited:

doady

Mu-43 Veteran
I remember seeing this video on TV a lot as a kid but I never liked it much. I wasn't really into hip hop back then (mostly just Beastie Boys and Rascalz), and I'm still not much a fan of 90s hip hop, but I felt compelled to listen to it again one more time.

Mountain_Man_79

Do all the interns get Glocks?
Real Name
Chris
I’m now on a 3rd record by Francois Hardy. Thanks @ex machina for the addiction.
71EE1D6B-6302-4881-97E9-7CEF465D5ECE.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

016F7344-FC93-4BC4-AB9F-34E9EA0DD0BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Real Name
Walter
I was listening to some oldies from Linda Ronstadt. I had almost all of her albums in vinyl back when, and have recently started adding them to my digital library via Apple Music+. I also recently saw her documentary Sound of My Voice and just got her memoir Linda Ronstadt - Simple Dreams, so I'll be putting that in my reading rotation. Yes, still a big fan! It's kind of poignant because she can no longer sing due to a debilitating nervous system condition. So, we have to rely on her recordings. Glad they're still available.

Here's just a sample.

Real Name
Walter
I was listening to some oldies from Linda Ronstadt. I had almost all of her albums in vinyl back when, and have recently started adding them to my digital library via Apple Music+. I also recently saw her documentary Sound of My Voice and just got her memoir Linda Ronstadt - Simple Dreams, so I'll be putting that in my reading rotation. Yes, still a big fan! It's kind of poignant because she can no longer sing due to a debilitating nervous system condition. So, we have to rely on her recordings. Glad they're still available.

Here's just a sample.

Listening to "The Blue Train" with Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris, and Dolly Parton. It's sublime and one from her great collaborations with other artists like Emmylou, Dolly, Aaron Neville, etc. I can't find a video of the performance, but you can listen to it here.

Keeth101

Mu-43 Top Veteran
From the incredible album by The Who - Quadrophenia - here is 'Dr Jimmy and Mr Jim'.

Forgot to say that this album has the best Keith Moon drumming EVER!

Last edited:

chicks

Mu-43 All-Pro
P1290065.jpg

I was cleaning up some old boxes from my USN days that hadn't been opened since I got out and I found some Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra CDs.

Here is one of their YouTube videos so you all know what I'm talking about:

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
I was cleaning up some old boxes from my USN days that hadn't been opened since I got out and I found some Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra CDs.

Here is one of their YouTube videos so you all know what I'm talking about:
Love Ska!
It made me think about Klezmer music and what I found was this:
Kind of the same kind of feeling, total exuberance!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom