What are you Drinking ... Right Now ... ?

bredman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Pete
So, what's with the white honey bit?
There are two main processes for removing the mucilage from the beans. One is called 'natural' which is essentially sun-dried, and the other called 'washed' where they basically soak it off in vats of water. With Honey processing they intentionally leave some of the mucilage on the beans using a machine that controls how much. This has an effect on the the flavour. There are slight differences that are named a colour - white, black, yellow, and red. The practice is spreading and little water is used so it's considered eco friendly. Here's a brief and clip - Hasbean are pretty good too they sell green beans or freshly roast and ground to your door.

https://www.hasbean.co.uk/blogs/coffee-processing-explained/honey-processed-coffee

exakta

Mu-43 Top Veteran
91gWdmokLlL._SL1500_.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

jackramirez

New to Mu-43
Now I'm drinking Da Hong Pao. Recently I bought a massage pad and now I'm sitting on it. After work, it is the best drink and the best occupation!

Last edited:

jackramirez

New to Mu-43
Coffee. For me, it's a mildly sedating tranquilizer. Paradoxical reaction to stimulants ...

As for alcohol, I've been teetotal since 1986. With a family history of alcoholism, it's a bit late when you find yourself pouring scotch on your weeties ... ;) .

Are you drinking now?
I'm asking because I've got the same problem in my family. My dad was an alcoholic, his dad was an alcoholic (the main word is "was" because they are dead). And this is the biggest reason why I don't drink.

Last edited:

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
I have not drunk or eaten anything with alcohol in it since mid 1986.

IMNSHO there can be a very strong genetic component to all sorts of addictive behaviour.

Interestingly, the only other thing I have ever been addicted to is tobacco. I finally managed to give tobacco up completely in 1982. Today, I consider myself a non-smoking cigarette addict, even though I have not smoked anything for nearly 40 years!

jackramirez

New to Mu-43
I have not drunk or eaten anything with alcohol in it since mid 1986.

IMNSHO there can be a very strong genetic component to all sorts of addictive behaviour.

Interestingly, the only other thing I have ever been addicted to is tobacco. I finally managed to give tobacco up completely in 1982. Today, I consider myself a non-smoking cigarette addict, even though I have not smoked anything for nearly 40 years!

WOW! That is unbelievable!
A lot of my friends can't live without cigarettes few days, but you ...
This is a really good habit. (in my opinion, no smoke is a habit too)

amp

Mu-43 Veteran
16136087752863506016244790495020.jpg

amp

Mu-43 Veteran
IMG_20210307_183623_1.jpg

doady

Mu-43 Veteran
I probably haven't drunk alcohol in a few years either. I don't mind it, but I don't drink it for its taste either. It's just a social thing, I don't have much of a social life, especially since COVID.

I did start drinking coffee a year ago. I saw a bag of Zavida Hazelnut Vanilla in Costco and I thought "Hazelnut Vanilla" sounded good, so I decided to try it. I'm lazy, I just use metal tea strainer and coarse grind instead of making coffee the proper way. I used to drink once a day but since I started taking epilepsy medication a month ago, now I drink two cups.

I have drunk Vietnamese coffee occasionally in restaurants back in the day. I have the Vietnamese coffee filter, but is too much hassle at home every morning, the filter, the ice cubes, and cans of condensed milk. And I like to eat a cookie or two or a muffin or something else sweet on the side, so I also prefer no sugar added to the coffee, so no condensed milk, just some half-and-half cream and regular milk. It took me some time to get used to drinking hot but now I don't mind it.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom