What are the original Menu settings for the G9

pcr1040

Mu-43 Veteran
Love using my G9 camera, but I find getting support from Panasonic frustrating. I took a long time to set my camera up for the way I use and then transferred those settings to the C1 memory setting. Now I want to re-set the camera (outside of C1) back to the original settings from the factory. I cannot do this by just using the re-set function because it will restore my C1 to original and I don't want to do that. I want to keep C1 set as it is now. Can anyone point me to a source that tells me what the original settings were for each and every menu item? Or, perhaps someone has found a way to preserve the memory (C1 and others) and other memory setting but restore the non-memory settings to original factory settings.

Mike G

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Gorman
I think Andy H is correct, save your custom settings to a sd card, reset the camera and then reload your custom settings from the sd card!
Once reset to factory settings save them as another custom setting.

pcr1040

Mu-43 Veteran
Sorry, I have to ask, curiosity is killing me here, did you get that flash working on the G9?

Thanks for asking, no. My current settings now locked in C1 will not permit using Flash, and that is ok for that setting. My C1 are the setting I need for using my 10-400 Panasonic lens for wildlife shooting. And I do not need Flash for wildlife shooting.

Now that I have my favored setting set to C1, I was able to play around with the Flash and I found that using the factory C2 (nothing saved in C2) and setting the mode dial to P, the flash is now working. It still won't work on the C1 setting which is the same as the setting for the camera when I use M S and F mode.

Fact is, the reason I want to re-set to factory on Mode M,S,A is to further check out the Flash issue. I seldom use Flash, but I would like to have the ability to sue it when I think I might need it.

pcr1040

Mu-43 Veteran
Andy and Mike, thanks for responding. Yes I understand I can set my setting to a card and then restore that factory settings. But unless I can just reload my C1 setting, that will not solve my dilemma. I want the factory setting on the non-Custom memory so that I can then build another Custom setting for C2,C3 and so on. It's much easier to start to build a Custom setting be starting with a clean slate. C1 took a good deal of time to build it for use with my Pana 100-400 lens for wildlife. I want to build a Custom set for another venue like Landscape. And right now on my non custom settings Flash is grayed out and I cannot seem to find a way to restore it. To use flash I need to go to one of the custom Memory (C2,3 or C31,2,3) settings that remain on factory setting and use P mode. So, something is set to gray out Flash but so far I have not found it. That is why I want to re set to factory without losing the current C1 settings. If I have to I will save all to a flash card and do a full factory reset. But the I will need to recover my C1 setting and there is no way that I can see to do this without resetting every thing from the flash card. Would be nice it there is a work around so I can save C1, reset the camera, and then restore C1 without changing any thing else.

pcr1040

Mu-43 Veteran
Greyed out flash, isn't that the e-shutter at play?
Wish it were that simple. On mechanical Shutter still grayed out. The only way I could get the flash to function is by using C2 (in factory set mode P) and then the flash works, so I know its not the flash unit, or the camera, it is something in the many complex setting that I worked with to set camera up for wildlife shots with the long Pana zoom.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Another suggestion, do you have a filter turned on? Accidentally or intentionally. Apparently that will stop the flash working/firing on the G9

pcr1040

Mu-43 Veteran
Another suggestion, do you have a filter turned on? Accidentally or intentionally. Apparently that will stop the flash working/firing on the G9
Thanks for responding, but no, no filters are set.

Top Bottom