What am I doing wrong?

Screamin Scott

Mu-43 Regular
I got a Nikon to M4/3rds adapter and have tried a few lenses but the EVF and the LCD show nothing on my OMD E-M5II that I just got. I put on one of my M4/3rds lenses and no problem. I see what I'm pointing at. Since this is new to me (a refurb), I'm assuming it's a setting I have wrong...

JanW

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jan
You probably have to set the menu option 'shoot without lens' to on.
It's set to off default and then the camera doesn't show anything if no m43 lens is attached.
I have Panasonic camera's since my e-m10 failed so I can't check in which menu it is.

Screamin Scott

Mu-43 Regular
You probably have to set the menu option 'shoot without lens' to on.
It's set to off default and then the camera doesn't show anything if no m43 lens is attached.
I have Panasonic camera's since my e-m10 failed so I can't check in which menu it is.
From what I have read, that menu option only pertains to Panasonic bodies, not Olympus...

Hendrik

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Hendrik
It may be the adapter. If the locking pin is not set, the circuit to the displays is interrupted.

barry

Super Moderator
Yeah, I've had at least one adapter where the hole for the locking pin was too small; used a drill bit on a Dremel to enlarge it a bit.
Make sure to completely get rid of the metal shavings so they don't get in the camera!

Latest threads

Top Bottom