What a year

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
Hi folks,
I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone on here for putting up with me, as today is the first anniversary of my joining this forum.
At the time of joining I'd had to resign from a camera club as my profound deafness meant I couldn't follow the conversations etc. and was struggling to join in the activities.
I had a Panasonic G7 and an E-M10 Mk3 camera as well as a few lenses but I wasn't particularly going anywhere with my photography.
Since joining, my interest has been rejuvenated and got me out taking photos almost daily.
Of course, none of us knew what was about to happen within a few weeks when the pandemic really hit home.
Thankfully, someone even came up with the thread "walks of the pandemic" and that one really helped me to get out, take some photos and upload them.

Of course there are bound to be downsides to coming on here and that's been highlighted in my bank balance! :eek:
I now have two E-M5 Mk2 cameras, a 60mm macro and a 12-45mm f4 Pro lens, but they're well worth the sacrifice.

I confess to being absolutely hooked on this forum and can't help but open up my Mac at least three times a day for my fix.
The quality of the photos on here are truly inspirational and seeing them all makes me aspire to creating some great shots myself.
The trouble is, when I get out with a camera in my hand, I'm like a big kid with his new toy and I can't help just snapping away. :rolleyes:

In August I lost my oldest friend of over 40 years, due to cancer that hadn't been treated during the pandemic, and that was enough to knock the stuffing out of anyone.
However, over the last year, I feel as if I've gained a whole load of new friends all over the globe, thanks to the wonderful community feel on here and that has helped me immensely.
So thanks to each and every one of you that's responded to my posts, either in comment or with the many 'likes', 'agrees', 'informative' and occasional 'winners'.
I should apologise for the numerous comments I've made which have been meant to be a humorous or light-hearted quote or such like, but have thankfully generated enough 'funnies' for me to persist.:rofl:

My sincerest best wishes to you all and here's to another year from me :drinks:

Brian.

roelwillems

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Roel
Thanks for your forthright and honest post.

Congrats on your 1 year anniversary and sorry for your loss, 2020 has been a rough year. But it's uplifting to read how this forum has (re)sparked your interest in photography even during a pandemic. Let's hope 2021 will turn out better for all.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Mike Wingate
Nice to have you here. 2021 better be better than last year. Hopefully the forthcoming CES announcements from Panasonic this month will rekindle our hopes and expectations photography wise.

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob (who would have guessed?)
It is good the site has helped you cope with this most unusual 366 days. I agree that this site has some truly inspirational photos.

And I hope the next 365 days are even better, with more opportunities for all of us to get out and capture some light to share.

Latest threads

Top Bottom