1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

What a pleasant place -- surprisingly, lol.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by entropicremnants, Feb 21, 2013.

1. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    I joined a while back in 2012 but haven't been posting much until now. I think I was afraid to due to previous forum experiences years ago.

I absolutely hate forums where things are not discussed so much as "shouted" about, with opinion "inflicted" rather than shared. I think this place is singularly well populated with a lot of sincere, polite, and talented photographers, and the moderation must work well also.

I SWORE I wouldn't be joining any more forums after leaving other non-photography forums years ago, and reading what went on in some current forums on a regular basis.

If I ever appear to be heavy handed, please let me know. I do have strong opinions, but I TRY to make my "internet voice" appropriate. Sometimes I may not realize how I come off though so I welcome polite correction, lol.

Glad to be here and to be meeting you all.

• Like Like x 9
  2. ReallyBadPictures

ReallyBadPictures Mu-43 Regular

Jan 12, 2013
    As a fan of extropy I feel like YELLING at you right now!:tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Welcome aboard. warning: the site is addictive!

• Like Like x 3
  4. PENpal

PENpal Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    No it is not....lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. 67DGS

67DGS Mu-43 Regular

Oct 5, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Welcome to the site. I have found people on this forum (and most photography forums that I have tried) to be polite and very helpful. But WT21 is right, it is highly addictive!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Only for those who have GAS.

• Like Like x 2
  7. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    Thanks for joining, I really like the images you've been posting lately and am excited to see more.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I'm a freakin' dirigible! Oh, the humanity.

• Like Like x 4
  9. woody112704

woody112704 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2012
    Iowa
    Jared
    Welcome, and I agree you have been posting some great pictures! Keep it up!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kirill

Kirill Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2013
    Tallinn, Estonia
    I haven't read your post carefully but I disagree with everything you have said because I am in a bad mood. This forum is awful, I am the only good poster on here despite joining only a few days ago. I hope my brilliant presence gradually makes this a half-decent place to hang out but I am not holding my breath. Did I mention that you are wrong? I probably did, just can't be arsed to see what I typed in at the beginning of the post because I have more important things to do like create photographic masterpieces in between the GAS relapses. Oh and you are wrong because I am always right. Welcome! :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. entropicremnants

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    lol! Thanks for that! I needed a good laugh today believe me!

Oh, and if you're NOT kidding, I think there are a few threads at dpreview that you'll really enjoy... :rolleyes:

12. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Tsk, tsk! Someone forgot their medication again! :biggrin: :eek: (Just kidding!). Glad to have you with us. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. woody112704

woody112704 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2012
    Iowa
    Jared
    And this is why I love this forum. :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  14. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    "Here/here!" to all the previous comments/posts! :2thumbs::thumbup::bravo-009::grouphug:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    The three forums set up by Amin are remarkably friendly places. Tempers may, on occasion, flare, but it's the exception rather than the rule. Many of us have strong opinions about the gear we use, but I think most of us realize that people have different needs, a preference for how to work being a need in this instance. Not all street photographers are going to run to the same lens or camera, etc.

If you've run away from DPReview's forums, you'll find mu-43 delightfully different.

• Like Like x 1
  16. entropicremnants

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Didn't run away -- I never joined! But I did wince a lot reading some of the threads over there, lol.

17. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Welcome aboard! I, too, have enjoyed the photos that you've posted on this forum, so please keep them coming!

Agree with others that this forum is highly addictive, and could lead to serious cases of GAS though... :biggrin:

18. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Definitely excellence in moderation! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  19. I do believe that he's up to four now.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    What are the other forums that were set up by Amin?

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

• Like Like x 1