1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

What a great time to be into photography

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ThomD, Oct 19, 2013.

1. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    I'm playing with my new G6 and I'm just tickled pink with how far cameras have come since my first digital camera, c. 2001

I have yet to see perfect camera, but if any of you start with "Yeah, but..." I'm going to make you stand in corner. :tongue:

IQ on the recent cameras is so good that it will never be a factor on a purchasing decision for me again.

I'm enjoying cool features like "auto focus when the view finder sensor detects your eye" and focus peaking. Add in an intervalometer (I have plans for that), pin point focus and the ability to manually tweak the auto focus, a nice flexible focus assist and 40 fps (!) and this is just a cool camera.

I'm looking forward figuring out if I want to use AFF or AFC.

I played with the WiFi and I think it just isn't something I'm going to use. That's OK. It is still cool.

I'm off to take pictures!

• Like Like x 8
  2. SrPantuflas

SrPantuflas Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2013
    Chile, South America.
    is refreshing to read something like this, people obsess way too much into the negative side of things.

3. rbelyell

rbelyell Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Mountains of NY
    yes, we are in a golden age of photography equipment, that is for certain. following your example, we should be thrilled at the equipment we are using and the equipment thats out there for us to use should we choose, and equally thrilled that continued R&D keeps innovation constant. thanks for the 'wow, this is great', because after all the negativity surrounding comparing existing equipment to new, i needed it!

4. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    +1 on this.

Lots of great options!