1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

We've moved to a new server. Hows it going?

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    We've moved to a new server, which should have more resources. One good thing about the new host is that future upgrades should be seamless.

How does performance seem so far? Better? Worse?

The Gallery uploads were broken, and I fixed that. Attachment thumbnails aren't appearing, and I'm working on that.

Any other glitches?

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    If any of your posts from yesterday are missing, please see this post for an explanation and means by which to access them.

3. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    Pages seem to be loading a little faster for me so far!

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    That's good to hear. I'm working with the new host to do some more optimization, so hopefully we can improve on that. My goal is for the site to be downright snappy in 2012.

5. Herb

Herb Mu-43 Regular

Aug 16, 2011
    new server

seems to be working just fine. thanks for all the work you do.

6. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    This morning there have been several responses to a thread I'm subscribed to and I haven't received any notifications. Not sure why, whether it might be related to the server change or not. Otherwise I haven't had any indication that anything has changed.

7. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Good one, Amin :biggrin:

Site seems to be snappy-er than it was before the switch. But probably won't be truly snappy until they install the electronic shutter. :)rofl:)

Happy new year, all. :2thumbs:

8. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Seems much faster

9. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I've noticed a little weirdness just now:

"
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions_editor.php on line 93

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions_editor.php on line 93"

Also, after changing my avatar it brought me to a blank page and I had to reload from the main page.

(I'm commenting to provide feedback, overall the change seems positive).

10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Yes, I know about these errors. They are because of a change we just made on the server and will have this worked out soon.

11. Panut

Panut Mu-43 Regular

Dec 25, 2011
    Finland
    Hi,

Good to have the new server.
    I had a glitch today starting the Mu43 app on my iPad: the first time I started it, I had "server sent an unknown ..." error message and it jammed in "Logging in..." screen.

However, after I killed the app (double-clicking the main button on iPad, long-pressing the app and then clicking on the remove icon) and starting the app again, it started to work. I only had to log in again.

The speed seems pretty much the same as before (with the app it has been fast enough for me all the time).

Panu

12. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    No speed or reliability issues before and server change did not reduce the amount of those non existent issues :biggrin:

13. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I'm getting sporadic erros messages both here and in Serious compacts. Something about "Invalid arguments".

14. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    I am seeing a lot of intermittent

"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions_editor.php on line 93"

Line number varies of course and there are usually between two and five of these per page.

Regards,

woof!

15. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I've had several error messages and the site was down completely for me today until not long ago.
    At the top of the page I'm seeing now is:
    Warning: require() [function.require]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/asabet/public_html/mu-43.com/vbseo.php on line 1392
    Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in [path]/global.php on line 623
    Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in [path]/newreply.php on line 83
    Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in [path]/newreply.php(742) : eval()'d code on line 1
    Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in [path]/newreply.php on line 750
    Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in [path]/includes/functions_newpost.php on line 1709

and here's another (result for going to page 1 of a thread):

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions_editor.php on line 93

16. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Invalid arguments, and sometimes disconcerting "banned for life" messages =:-o

17. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I am aware of all the problems. No one has been banned. I'm working on a solution.

18. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Figured as much. Just wanted to pass along, so other folks know they aren't alone.

• Like Like x 1
  19. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Well, I was banned for a while (no reason) after getting the most amazing set of error messages. Then I deleted some autofill options from preferences in safari. It let me login so I assume the new server has forgiven me.:flowers_2:

Weird day.

20. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    I also have big problems on logging in. Sometimes it makes me log in, others it just gives me error messages, others it says I have no permission. Now I can write but only in quick reply mode.
    Hope will resolve as soon as possible. Getting me crazy.