We've changed servers. Please report any bugs here.

Discussion in 'Site information' started by Amin Sabet, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Early this morning, we changed servers. Please kick the tires and let me know what you think. General comments on site speed, etc, are also welcome. Thanks!

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    mantis-L.

The forum seems good, however. Thanks for all the work/money/frustration/years-off-your-life, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    And you still have not fixed the alerts for watched threads...............really wish you fix this one.

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Please tell me in more detail what you mean. Are you talking about alerts on the site or emails? Are you not getting any alerts at all?

With our forum software, if you miss an alert for a given watched thread, you won't receive another alert until they revisit the thread. That is as intended, not a bug.

5. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Seems speedy and it is glitch-free for me.

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    @dornblaser@dornblaser thanks! Amazing how much smoother things go when you hire a pro to do them :). In the past I did these myself - not so smooth! :rolleyes-38:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. dornblaser

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Yup. I hire the same guy every time that I change servers.

8. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

But my photos do not look better ...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    I noticed that the server alert yesterday gave time in BST. Is the server located in the UK? Just curious. The site seems fast today.

10. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    Nice and snappy response, and I'm in the UK!

11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    My server admin is in the UK, but the server itself is in the US (near Washington, DC).

Was a pretty big server upgrade - faster processor, more and faster RAM, faster SSD. Also better DNS handling. Glad to hear it is speedy both in the US and UK! Hope our Austrialian friends are seeing good performance as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    All good from the most isolated capital in the world :)

Andrew

• Like Like x 1
  14. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    Well the electrons just stroll down this rusty wire no matter who's pushing :( No, no difference noted.

15. dornblaser

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    What is a wire?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I take it that @Phocal@Phocal isn't seeing my reply due to the problem with alerts :biggrin::blush:.

17. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    You would be correct.................You sound like you are not aware of this problem but I started a thread about it some time ago and you even replied to it https://www.mu-43.com/threads/75600/

I guess maybe some of the ones I don't see could have been from not visiting the thread when I got an alert. But there are threads that I actively follow and participate in that I do not get an alert. I visit the site 10 or 12 times a day and for the past 2 or 3 months I click on the link for every alert I get even if I don't have time to read it. Been doing this because I thought maybe it was because I sometimes skip an alert if I did not have time. It is still happening and I have been unable to detect no pattern. Like the Olympus Full Frame thread, I have followed this thread from the beginning but yesterday there were new replies and I did not have an alert. Another one that I regularly do not get an alert for is the bird thread. Both of those threads I look at with every alert.

I have thought about unwitting every thread I watch and wait a week before selecting threads to watch again.

18. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I remembered someone raising this as an issue and my replying to that just as I replied in this thread - that the normal Xenforo behavior is not to issue multiple alerts for a given thread in between viewing that thread.

I replied to that thread when someone made me aware of it by tagging me. I did not see the subsequent posts in that thread until now. Let's continue this discussion in that thread instead of using both threads for that purpose. If you post something you want me to read, please either quote me or tag me so I get an alert. I will now go reply in that thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. dornblaser

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    For the last couple of days I have experienced very slow loading pages.

20. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Consistently or intermittently?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.