1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Western Michigander Says Hello!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by kilofox, Mar 2, 2010.

1. kilofox

kilofox Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 2, 2010
    Western Michigan, US
    Just purchased a E-P2 with a 14-42mm kit and a Pany 20mm, I hope to have all by this weekend.

The reason I dove into the 4/3 world is the result of 2 camera's I owned prior to making the E-P2 purchase.

I owned a Nikon D90 and a Panasonic LX3. I bought the D90 first and the LX3 about 5 months later. I found myself using the LX3 all the time! I could not stop taking pictures with it! It got to the point that I seldom used the D90, but there were times when using the LX3 I wish I had it. But the light load and portability of the LX3 kept the D90 home most of the time.

After some reading it occurred to me the a 4/3 system would be the perfect setup for me. Good-bye DLSR and LX3! (I have to admit shedding a little tear selling the LX3... great camera!)

I have been lurking and this seems like the forum for me. I like the international flavor of this forum and the politeness and civility of its members. I am anxious to learn and contribute to the community in future.

Kevin

• Like Like x 4
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Kevin, thanks so much for your introduction and welcome! I have to say you have very good taste, since I have the exact same E-P2 set up.:biggrin:

This is a pretty comfortable discussion forum, thanks to its involved membership.

Can't wait to hear how you like your new E-P2 and will look forward to photos and more to come. Keep us posted!

• Like Like x 1
  3. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome Kevin!

• Like Like x 1
  5. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    i predict you will buy another point and shoot , its the perfect compliment to micro four thirds as it is to any lg sensor camera system

riiiiiccccoooohhhhh , riiiiccccoooohhhhh.........just sayin :) 

welcome to you from nyc , cheers

panny gf1 oly ep1 ricoh gx-200

• Like Like x 1
  6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Kevin!

Have a nice day.
    Kind regards, Herman

• Like Like x 1
  7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Kevin from another new convert.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Wellcome Kevin and thanks for your intro.I own the same set up than you but with ep1.Sure you´ll enjoy it :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    • Like Like x 1
  10. SimplyEd

SimplyEd Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2010
    Philippines
    Welcome kevin.... you'll like this forum the way that I did... Congratz with your new camera..

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.