Western Michigander Says Hello!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by kilofox, Mar 2, 2010.

1. kilofox

kilofox Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 2, 2010
    Western Michigan, US
    Just purchased a E-P2 with a 14-42mm kit and a Pany 20mm, I hope to have all by this weekend.

The reason I dove into the 4/3 world is the result of 2 camera's I owned prior to making the E-P2 purchase.

I owned a Nikon D90 and a Panasonic LX3. I bought the D90 first and the LX3 about 5 months later. I found myself using the LX3 all the time! I could not stop taking pictures with it! It got to the point that I seldom used the D90, but there were times when using the LX3 I wish I had it. But the light load and portability of the LX3 kept the D90 home most of the time.

After some reading it occurred to me the a 4/3 system would be the perfect setup for me. Good-bye DLSR and LX3! (I have to admit shedding a little tear selling the LX3... great camera!)

I have been lurking and this seems like the forum for me. I like the international flavor of this forum and the politeness and civility of its members. I am anxious to learn and contribute to the community in future.

Kevin

• Like Like x 8
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Kevin, thanks so much for your introduction and welcome! I have to say you have very good taste, since I have the exact same E-P2 set up.:biggrin:

This is a pretty comfortable discussion forum, thanks to its involved membership.

Can't wait to hear how you like your new E-P2 and will look forward to photos and more to come. Keep us posted!

• Like Like x 2
  3. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  4. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Welcome Kevin!

• Like Like x 2
  5. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    i predict you will buy another point and shoot , its the perfect compliment to micro four thirds as it is to any lg sensor camera system

riiiiiccccoooohhhhh , riiiiccccoooohhhhh.........just sayin :)

welcome to you from nyc , cheers

panny gf1 oly ep1 ricoh gx-200

• Like Like x 2
  6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Kevin!

Have a nice day.
    Kind regards, Herman

• Like Like x 2
  7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Kevin from another new convert.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Wellcome Kevin and thanks for your intro.I own the same set up than you but with ep1.Sure you´ll enjoy it :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    • Like Like x 2
  10. SimplyEd

SimplyEd Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2010
    Philippines
    Welcome kevin.... you'll like this forum the way that I did... Congratz with your new camera..

• Like Like x 2