Went for a Bicycle ride today

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by sdsyver, Jan 28, 2014.

1. sdsyver

sdsyver Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    Northern Alberta
    Shawn
    Things finally warmed up a bit today so I went for a ride up the one of the local rivers on my Moonlander.

SDS80157.

SDS80147.

SDS80145.

SDS80144.

• Like Like x 7
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Love the bike, I haven't seen these before. Looks like an awesome ride. :cool: 

3. mkee

mkee Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2012
    Long Beach CA
    Nice looks like it was a fun ride. I wish I lived somewhere where I could justify buying a surly with the big tires.

4. sdsyver

sdsyver Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    Northern Alberta
    Shawn
    These things are called Fatbikes and if you live anywhere that gets snow or near a beach then these things are worth a look. Lots of fun

5. Joelmusicman

Joelmusicman Mu-43 Regular

Nov 1, 2013
    Yeah, I've seen those in the bike stores in Santa Cruz. For a roadie like me, those tires look painfully slow on the street, though I know that's not their purpose. :biggrin:

Awesome bike nonetheless, and great photos to boot!

6. Joelmusicman

Joelmusicman Mu-43 Regular

Nov 1, 2013
    Meanwhile in sunny San Diego... :cool: 

Attached Files:

7. sdsyver

sdsyver Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    Northern Alberta
    Shawn
    The bike is painfully slow compared to a road bike but very fun none the less. You have to try one to understand. Took me one try and I wanted one. That and the 8 months of winter we had last year. Thanks about the pics.

8. I just found this thread and as a fellow Moonlanderer I thought I would respond. I've had my Moonlander for 14 months, and it's the only bike that I've ridden in that period. I take it slow and easy and lots of photo breaks.

13115869214_58478d43ab.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.