1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Well we got RAIN in Melb. Aus

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Boyzo, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
  2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Good morning John. Thanks for the pics. We got -4C (cold brrr) and sunshine.
    Longing for summer...

Enjoy your weekend.
    Kind regards, Herman

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Wow, Boyzo - things really always do seem wilder and more astounding in Australia! I'd have hated to had one of those hit me on the head! That first one is quite unreal looking - great color. And then the close up of the hail on the brick is so crystal clear!

4. steve

steve Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Havertown, PA
    Wow. Scary stuff. Good pics, but scary stuff.

5. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

It seems that the whole worlds topsy turvy when it comes to the strange things that are happening to our weather!!

6. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    It's a Labour Day long weelend here in Victoria (Melbourne) and we went camping east of Melbourne for a few days. We were lucky, as the storms went around us east and west in the main, and all that we got was the rain from the fringes. That said, there was enough rain to cause some campers to find themselves in about a foot of water once. We're just back to the usual waether patterns of around 10+ years or so agio.

Cheers

Ray

7. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Yes the closeup on the brick Patio .. credit should go to the GF1 with flash + some PP leaves me thinking where is the talent :wink::rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Cheers Ray .. you were lucky then....:wink:
    Quite some damage in Melb. Victoria ... tho' me .. battered plants and gutters overflowed was all ..but needed rain for my garden.:smile:

Cheers

9. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    The weather is bloody strange - another earth quake in Turkey this morning

are those "sandwich" board men correct?

10. igi

igi Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2010
    I'm just curious... but could those hail kill?

Yup, the weather's all freaky... I wonder what's next:confused:

11. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    No don't think so but you would get hurt a little or bruised.. the hail size does vary not all are large, cars parked however get indentations or even slightly bashed in vulnerable areas
    A neighbors car was superficially badly peppered with small dent's .. my car was in the garage :redface: