Well so much for that Refurb Score

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Got my Pen F today. Not as clean as I'd hoped, a few nicks and scratches. WAY more shots than I'd hoped (about 21k). And worst of all, hot shoe doesn't seem to register the flash. I can "get" it to register without too much trouble, but I REALLY shouldn't have to.

Back it goes and sadly they can't offer a replacement.

bargainguy

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Don
Whoa, sorry to hear that! I didn't even realize they'd try to sell a camera with 21K clicks as a refurb.

As to the flash recognition issue, you'd think QC would catch that, but who knows. Not on their checklist that day? Or do they even bother hooking up external attachments to check integration?

Zman

Mu-43 Veteran
Wow, I'm surprised. My experience buying refurb's from the Oly Outlet has been always getting near new looking equipment. I almost pulled the trigger that day for a E-M1ii, but just decided to hold off until the E-M5iii maybe drops a bit in price someday. I saw the Pen F at that time and thought it was a great deal. What a bummer.

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Wow, I'm surprised. My experience buying refurb's from the Oly Outlet has been always getting near new looking equipment. I almost pulled the trigger that day for a E-M1ii, but just decided to hold off until the E-M5iii maybe drops a bit in price someday. I saw the Pen F at that time and thought it was a great deal. What a bummer.
Same here, the other items seem great.
If I remember correctly it was silver which you weren't very keen on, so may be for good?
Yes I would have preferred black, and I'm pretty sure most (not all) the marks wouldn't even be visible. But a finicky hot shoe is not a good sign.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom